Students can experience more at Curtin Sarawak and graduate with a high-quality education and a most fulfilling learning experience. They will find it offers the best possible facilities one would expect from Curtin's largest international branch campus, a joint venture with the Sarawak State Government. They can choose from an extensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses and customise them to suit their needs, gain valuable work experience interacting with local and international industry professionals, learn from lecturers with real industry experience, and indulge in a unique international learning environment studying with students from over 40 different countries. Curtin Sarawak is renowned for its links with industry and business, and for the practical and applied nature of its courses, which are equivalent to those offered at Curtin's flagship campus in Perth. Its courses are also endorsed by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and professional bodies, ensuring wide recognition. The university is one of eight granted self-accreditation status by the MQA and achieved a Tier 5 or ‘Excellent’ rating in its SETARA rating of institutions of higher learning, as well as a Tier 5 rating in the D-SETARA rating by discipline for its engineering programmes.
Curtin Sarawak offers a wide variety of high-quality courses, including intensive English Language courses, foundation studies in Commerce and Arts, as well as Engineering and Science; undergraduate degree courses in Arts, Commerce, Science and Technology, and postgraduate studies in Project Management, Policy Sciences, Business, Engineering and Science. Students also have a choice of a wide range of double majors in the Bachelor of Commerce programme.
Facilities and services on campus include a new auditorium, library, computing facilities, counselling service, a choice of food and beverage outlets, health services, public transport, banking facilities, shops, secure student housing, a range of sports facilities, as well as a modern recreation and event centre.
Areas of study
- Intensive English, Foundation English
- Foundation Studies (Commerce & Arts/Engineering & Science)
- Arts (Mass Communication)
- Business Administration
- Commerce (Accounting, Finance, Accounting & Banking, Accounting & Entrepreneurship, Banking & Finance, Finance & Marketing, Finance & Management, Management & Marketing, Marketing & Entrepreneurship, Marketing & Public Relations, Public Relations & Management, and Tourism, Hospitality & Marketing)
- Engineering (Chemical, Civil & Construction, Electrical & Electronics, Environmental, Mechanical, Petroleum)
- Science (Applied Geology)
- Technology (Computer Systems & Networking)
- Postgraduate by Coursework (Project Management, Policy Sciences, Electrical Engineering)
- Postgraduate by Research
Jan, May, Sept (Trimester) Feb, July (Semester)
Registration closing date
23 January, 15 May, 4 September (Trimester), 6 March, 7 August (Semester)
- Sprawling 300-acre campus
- State-of-the-art laboratories & equipment
- On-campus accommodation
Scholarships and financial aid
- Curtin Sarawak Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- MyBrain15 (Ministry of Education)
- Varies depending on individual courses
- IELTS overall 6.5, minimum 6.0 in each band OR
- TOEFL overall 79, minimum W-21, L-13, R-13, S-18
Where to get application forms
- Apply online at www.curtin.edu.my
- Curtin Sarawak campus
- Curtin Sarawak representatives.