Award-winning Sunway University is synonymous with first-class education, and has shaped intellectually vibrant individuals since 1987. Governed and owned by the Jeffrey Cheah Foundation, we are committed to the utilisation of surpluses to provide education opportunities that will transform the lives of those in the very community we serve.
Sunway University introduced 3 Masters’ programmes developed in collaboration with Lancaster University (UK) in 2009: the Masters in Money, Banking and Finance, Masters in Management, and MSc in Computer Science (by research). These programmes are aimed at individuals who wish to prime themselves with tools required to navigate the business or IT world. Graduates of these programmes will attain a high quality British qualification at an affordable cost. In 2010, the Doctor of Philosophy (Computing) was introduced for individuals interested in a research intensive programme. Fully awarded by Sunway University, its graduates will garner skills to create and develop technology in the Computer science & IT industry.
The Victoria University (VU) MBA programme at Sunway University has an international reputation, and is aimed at working professionals from diverse backgrounds, equipping them with business management skills to further advance in their careers. The programme is an excellent platform for individuals to upgrade themselves through invaluable networking opportunities and practical learning through a “Bringing Industry into Class” concept.
- More than 120 classrooms and 15 lecture theatres
- Auditorium/Multi-Purpose Hall
- Postgraduate lounge
- Tun Hussein Onn Library, linked worldwide with access to international databases
- Campus wide WiFi
- ATM Machines
- Car Park
- Student accomodation
- Computer laboratories
- 24-hour security and auxiliary police
Masters in Management, Masters in Money, Banking and Finance
- Honours degree or equivalent (2nd Upper or equivalent)
- IELTS 7.0 (desirable) or TOEFL 600 (or 250 CBT or 100 IBT)
- For Masters in Money, Banking and Finance, students must have prior advanced studies in economics and statistics from their first degree
Masters of Business Administration
- Recognised bachelor degree or professional qualification
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in the English language (Students who have completed their first degree in English will be exempted.)
MSc in Computer Science (by research)
A good honours degree in Computer Science or in a related science or technical field from a recognised institution of higher learning.
Doctor of Philosophy (Computing)
A Masters degree or equivalent and completed at least one (1) of the earlier degrees (Masters or Bachelors) in Computing.
March & August
- Masters in Management
- Masters in Money, Banking and Finance
- MSc in Computer Science (by research)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Computing)
Victoria University MBA
8 intakes throughout the year, please refer to our website at http://sunway.edu.my/vumba/calendar
Scholarships and financial aid
- Bank Loans
- EPF Withdrawal