Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS provides you an excellent opportunity for in-depth study in specialised areas of engineering or to conduct cutting-edge research in new, emerging technologies. Our philosophy emphasises the development of competent professionals trained to solve real-world engineering problems. Additionally, there is opportunity to undertake practical training or applied research in collaboration with our industry partners during the duration of your study. We offer a broad range of programmes in engineering and information technology-related fields. We invite professionals seeking continuous development, fresh graduates seeking in-depth study in specific specialisation or scholars seeking to start their careers in research (R&D) to join us in extending the frontiers of knowledge and technology.
Programmes by Research
Under our MSc and PhD programmes, you will undergo focused study and experimentation in one of several areas of expertise – the area of your choice. You are invited to venture into groundbreaking, multi-disciplinary research. Work with expert professors and teams of researchers who are able to guide you in the development of your research and analytical skills. Learn to apply new mathematical tools, simulation software and build real systems as you invent, design, develop and implement novel applications employing cutting-edge technologies at the frontiers of knowledge.
Programmes by Coursework & Dissertation
The MSc programmes by coursework and dissertation in selected technical areas cater to the needs of professionals who wish to upgrade their competencies and knowledge in specialised areas. The mode of delivery includes mix classroom lectures and discussions as well as practical in laboratories with simulation software and industry-grade equipment. Students will also have the opportunity to work on real industry problems, which may require an industrial attachment at partner companies, as part of the dissertation work. As technical professionals in the everchanging and global business world, we will also help you gain a competitive edge by exposing you to business-oriented courses. We believe that technical professionals should not be insulated from the dynamics and business of the organisation and its economics.
January, May, September
Registration closing date
Details in www.utp.edu.my
Details in www.utp.edu.my
Scholarships and financial aid
Graduate Assistantship Scheme.
MSc Programme (by Research/Coursework & Dissertation)
- Bachelor’s degree graduates – Candidates must hold a BSc Degree with minimum CGPA 3.00/4.00 or 75% or 2nd Class Upper Division or equivalent in the relevant field from a recognised university.
- Bachelor’s degree graduates with relevant experience.
- Candidates must hold a BSc Degree or equivalent in the relevant field from a recognised university.
PhD Programme (by Research) MSc Graduate by Coursework –
- Candidates must hold a MSc Degree with minimum CGPA 3.00/4.00 or equivalent in the relevant field from a recognised university.
- MSc graduates by Research – Candidates must hold a MSc Degree or equivalent in the relevant field from a recognised university.>
- MSc graduates with relevant experience – Candidates must hold a MSc Degree or equivalent in the relevant field from a recognised university.
Where to get application forms
Application form can be obtained online –www.utp.edu.my