Fulbright Malaysian Graduate Study and Research Program
Awarding body: Malaysia-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE)
Level/course of study: Master's and PhD
The Fulbright Program is a global system of binational exchanges between the United States and partner nations. The objective of the grant is not only to enable the recipient to pursue a particular field of study but to develop leaders who can contribute to promoting better understanding between the USA and Malaysia.
Grants under the Malaysian Fulbright student program will be administered as either degree or non-degree grants (Dissertation Research), depending on whether the applicant is seeking to complete coursework or research toward his or her degree program at a Malaysian university or is seeking to obtain a degree from an American institution.
All grants are for periods of one academic year. Degree-track grants may be renewed for a second year.
- Possess Malaysian citizenship
- Be no more than 35 years of age at the time of application
- Be in good health
- Be prepared to return to Malaysia immediately upon completion of study
The following are NOT eligible:
- Individuals who are or have already been enrolled in a graduate degree program at an American university and who seek nomination in order to complete said program
- Individuals who seek nomination in order to complete a second Master’s degree or doctoral degree
- Individuals who intend to pursue internship, residency or research at a USA school of medicine, nursing, dentistry or veterinary medicine
- Individuals who are working or currently studying in the USA. To be eligible, applicants MUST have returned to Malaysia at least ONE year before the announcement date for this award.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with Honors (Hons) and CGPA of 3.0 or its equivalent
- TOEFL score of at least 100 (Internet-based test) on a test taken no more than two years prior to the time of application
- Must have a GMAT/GRE test score as required by the institution of your choice. Please check with programs or universities that you are planning to apply to.
Value of Scholarship
Awards will be partial grants or cost-sharing with the candidate's home institution, scholarships or other funding from the admitting university or from personal resources. While awards may be full grants, the category and amount of any specific award will be based upon available funding and other criteria as determined by the academic committee during the selection process.
Accredited universities in Malaysia and the USA
Areas of Study
- American Studies
- Malaysian Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Comparative Religion
- Economics and Technology Transfer
- Issues in Contemporary Society
- International Relations.
Students applying for any other field of study than those mentioned above are encouraged to apply, as all highly qualified applicants will be considered. Students applying for MBA should take note that preferences are given to other fields of study.
For application details, visit http://www.macee.org.my.
- Application deadline for 2013-2014 academic year: August 30, 2012
- Application forms may be downloaded at www.macee.org.my