Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is catered for students who wish to obtain a postgraduate qualification in the fields of Business and Management. Its main thrust is to provide students with solid knowledge in business coupled with the necessary technical skills to succeed in various areas of business. The programme also offers specialization in the areas of International Business, International Hospitality Management and International Tourism.
This programme is backed by the Berjaya Group of Companies – One of the Malaysia’s largest and most diversified conglomerates. The Company’s executives form part of the pool of resource talent that gives this programme a unique edge over other postgraduate courses.
The programme is designed not only for those who are interested to further their studies but also for working students since it offers classes in the evenings.
The MBA programme encompasses areas such as:
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- Marketing and Business Ethics
Electives are available in the areas of International Business, International Hospitality Management and International Tourism.
Standard full-time completion: 1 Year
Standard part-time completion: 2 Years (Evening Classes 6:30pm-9:30pm)
- A recognised bachelor’s degree with a minimum of CGPA 2.5.
- Five (5) years of working experience if CGPA is below 2.5 or any equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
Fulfilled English requirement on one of the following:
- MUET (Band 5 or higher).
- IELTS (Level 6.0 or higher).
- TOEFL 550/ CBT 213/ iBT 79-80.
- Other English certification proving the same level of competency as one of those indicated above.
- Successful completion of an English medium bachelor degree.
January, May, September
- Strategic Marketing & Corporate Communication
- Leading in a Global Environment
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Applied Corporate Finance & Economics
- Operations Management & Decision Science
- Global Information & Communication Technology Management
- Management Control & Costing System
- Electives I & II
- Research Methodology & Analysis Techniques
- Management Research Report
Elective Courses for International Business
- Contemporary Issues in Management: Corporate Governance Structure
- Strategic Management & Development: International Business & Corporate Strategy
- Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility
- Enterprise Development Project: Business Planning & Development
Elective Courses for International Hospitality
- Contemporary Issues in Hospitality Management: Managing Sustainability
- Strategic Management & Development: Service Operations Management & Service Strategy in Hospitality
- Business Ethics and CSR: Hospitality Management & Operations
- Enterprise Development Project: International Hotel Projects
Elective Courses for International Tourism
- Contemporary Issues in Management: International Sustainable Tourism Development
- Strategic Management & Development: International Tourism Policy Development
- Business Ethics & CSR: International Tourism
- Enterprise Development Project: International Tourism Development