Master of Science in Information Technology Management
The programme aims to educate IT managers and professionals who possess technical and management knowledge for designing, developing, and managing IT systems. It provides a transformational experience in integrating the technological and managerial sides of IT.
On completion of this programme, students should be able to achieve the following programme intended learning outcomes:
- Explain the core technical and management concepts and apply these concepts in an integrated manner for IT management.
- Explain and apply the current methodologies in some selected areas in IT management (such as IT enterprise management, knowledge and information management, Internet and web technologies, and business analytics).
- Identify business needs and explain the process of transforming business needs into IT systems.
- Study in a university which is ranked at the top-tier in Asia.
- After graduation, students could select to stay and work in Hong Kong. As of Sept 2021, Hong Kong is ranked as the third-best Financial Center in the world. It extensively applies information technology (IT) in the finance sector and other service sectors, so there are excellent career opportunities in the IT job market in Hong Kong.
Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Science
Broad Study Field
Knowledge and Information Management
Internet and Web Technologies
Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, business, or other relevant fields or equivalent
English language proficiency:
- A minimum score of 537 (paper-based test) or 74 (internet-based test) in TOEFL, or
- A minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS, or
- Applicants who had successfully graduated from a bachelor’s degree programme which adopts English as the medium of instruction.
Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong SAR
Application Open Date
Mid-November of each year
30 April of each year
Next Intake Date
1 September of each year