PhD in Islamic Finance (by Research)
The PhD in Islamic Finance (by Research) programme is an innovative, multidisciplinary and research based doctoral programme that imparts the required analytical and investigative skills to further expand your theoretical knowledge. Moreover, the programmes enable you to acquire a comprehensive understanding of Islamic finance, and enhance the ability to analyse and interpret developments in the rapidly growing Islamic financial services market. Thus, you will have the competency to tackle emerging challenges and opportunities in the context of industry requirements. Visionary scholars have an opportunity to learn directly from experience academicians and industry leaders while being involved in applied research and consultancy projects with businesses and institutions in the Islamic finance field.
INCEIF’s PhD programme is also designed for exceptional high calibre students, and those who are internationally renowned for their research and thought leadership. INCEIF PhD graduates are sought after for business and management consultancy roles in the industry, senior management roles in governments, in addition to academic leadership positions in reputed universities and top business schools. The programme also allows a candidate with little or no background in Islamic finance to undertake research and make meaningful contributions to academia, practice and policy.
There are 2 options to earn your PhD in Islamic Finance:
1. By Coursework and Dissertation
This is an intensive programme designed for students who require exposure to coursework before pursuing research in Islamic finance.
2. By Research
This option is for students with extensive exposure and research industry experience.
- Pre-requisite courses are:
- Seminar in Economics
- Seminar in Finance
- Seminar in Shariah
- Islamic Banking
- Islamic Capital Market
- Research Methodology
- Mathematical Methods for Economics and Finance
Minimum of 60,000 words
* Master’s degree or equivalent (with high distinction) from a recognized institution of higher learning.
* Mathematics / Quantitative proficiency.
* English proficiency:
* Malaysian University English Test (MUET): Band 4 and above; or
* IELTS - band 6; or
* TOEFL: 550 (PBT), 79 (IBT) and above;
* Candidates from native English speaking countries
* Candidates with academic qualifications from institutions using English as the full medium of instruction
* A minimum 5 years work experience in financial institutions;
* Submission of a research proposal (not exceeding 15 pages, double-spaced in Arial size 12).
Face-to-face (currently conducted online until further update on COVID-19 status)
September 2021 Semester:
International: 30 May 2021
Malaysian: 13 August 2021
January & September