This master programme is referring to the an in-depth understanding of educational principles and values related to practical knowledge and skills in health professions education.
- This course is pimrarily about coursework based studies and numerous practical studies
Health professions education is in the front-line of professional practice. It helps to integrate a core set of competencies into health professions education and provides the education necessary to produce effective leaders and scholars in health professions education. It aims to create opportunities for learners to make contributions to their institutions, and to national and regional priorities. IMU Postgraduate Certiﬁ cate, Diploma and Master Programmes in Health Professions Education are designed especially for health professionals who work in education. Job opportunities include teaching positions, positions in research organisations (including government department), positions involving designing, organising and developing curriculum, and positions of leadership in health professions education.
This programme is split into three types of certification:
- Postgraduate Certificate: 1 year of studies
- Postgraduate Diploma: 1½ – 2 years of studies
- Master: 2½ years or more years of studies
- School of Postgraduate Studies
- IMU Main Campus, Bukit Jalil, Malaysia
Effective 2016, there will be a 15% reduction in postgraduate tuition fees for all IMU alumni who are self-funding their postgraduate study and meet the eligibility criteria.
- Total cost for masters - RM 37, 800
- Total cost for masters - RM 49, 800
Applicants are required to have the following:
- Applicants must have earned a Bachelor’s Degree or an advanced professional degree in a health professions discipline.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.50.
Alternatively if the main requirement above could not be met:
- Applicants with a degree in a related field and significant experience in a health professions setting will also be considered.
- If below CGPA 2.50 the applicant must have at least 3 years of working experience.
- Applicants who have successfully passed the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) assessment are eligible to apply.
English language requirement
International applicants are required to have either of the following:
- IELTS of a score of 5.0
- Cambridge English: Advanced of a score of 160
- Cambridge English: Proficiency of a score of 180
- Pearson Test of English of a score of 36
- TOEFL (PBT)of a score of 410 - 413
- TOEFL (iBT) of a score of 34
There is a processing fee required to be paid to the university upon applying for a course in IMU.
For the medicine and dentistry programmes, in addition to the academic qualifications, IMU requires all candidates to attend an oral interview, which is designed to provide us with further insight about the candidates, before a final decision of the selection is made.
International student matters
International students who wish to study in a Malaysian institution must apply for a Student Pass before entering Malaysia. Conversion of a Social Pass (Tourist Pass) is STRICTLY not allowed. Student Pass application takes 8 weeks for approval. This duration is just an estimation and it is dependent on EMGS and Immigration Department. Upon receiving the Letter of Offer, students must ensure that they accept the offer before the deadline by making payment for the necessary tuition fee and visa application fee as stated in the letter. Also, we advise that all documents are sent to us three (3) months before the intake date. It is important that you follow the guidelines strictly to avoid delays in your visa application. The University holds no responsibility for late submission. Please visit http://www.imu.edu.my/imu/support-services/application-requirements-proc... for deeper details.
Important documents to be noted:
- Student Pass / Visa processing fee of RM2,500; fee is paid to EMGS (non-refundable) via IMU.
- Completed Pre-Arrival Medical Health Examination Report.
- 6 passport-size photographs (white background – size 3.5cm X 4.5cm).
- 2 photocopies of passport (ALL pages including blank pages. Passport copies should be clear and printed on single-sided A4 paper).
- Please ensure that your passport has a validity of at least 18 months from intake date.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as a Muslim majority country, it is advisable for international students to understand our country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit http://www.imu.edu.my/imu/ for deeper and more information.
IMU MAIN CAMPUSBUKIT JALIL
- No.126, Jalan Jalil Perkasa 19,Bukit Jalil,57000 Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
- +603 8656 7228