Master in Science or MSc in Molecular Medicine is referring to the study of contemporary medical research, and facilitated recent breakthrough in disease diagnosis, management and treatments.
- This course has 2 years of coursework and 1 year of research
The MSc in Molecular Medicine is designed for science and medical graduates seeking advanced training in molecular and disease-oriented research. The curriculum is innovative and draws on the expertise of our world-renowned faculty who are also passionate researchers. Core modules present the latest scientific developments in molecular medicine that are delivered through innovative andragogy.Students will appreciate the role of simple and complex molecules in human diseases and the ways in which systems biology, computational biology and chemical genetics have transformed research strategies and methodology in stem cell technology and therapeutics, drug design and development as well as medical and clinical research.
Core modules are as follows:
- Molecular Medicine (3 credit)
- Immunology and Infection (2 credit)
- Molecular Basis of Diseases 1 (3 credit)
- Molecular Basis of Diseases 2 (4 credit)
- Research Methodology and Scientifi c Writing (3 credit)
- Research Project (20 credit)
Selective modules are as follows:
- Bench to Market (2 credit)
- Bioinformatics (3 credit)
- Clinical Research 1 (2 credit)
- Clinical Research 2 (2 credit)
- Laboratory Management (2 credit)
- Stem Cell Technology and Therapeutics (3 credit)
- Drug Discovery, Design and Development (3 credit)
- School of Medicine
- IMU Main Campus, Bukit Jalil, Malaysia
Effective 2016, there will be a 15% reduction in postgraduate tuition fees for all IMU alumni who are self-funding their postgraduate study and meet the eligibility criteria.
- Semester 1 - RM 10, 000
- Semester 2 - RM 10, 000
- Semester 3 - RM 20, 000
- Semester 1 - RM 13, 600
- Semester 2 - RM 13, 300
- Semester 3 - RM 26, 750
Applicants are required to have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.75 in related discipline, as accepted by the HEP Senate.
Alternatively, if the main requirement is not met:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related discipline with minimum CGPA of 2.50 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related discipline not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field.
English language requirement
International applicants are required to have either of the following:
- IELTS of a score of 5.0
- Cambridge English: Advanced of a score of 160
- Cambridge English: Proficiency of a score of 180
- Pearson Test of English of a score of 36
- TOEFL (PBT)of a score of 410 - 413
- TOEFL (iBT) of a score of 34
- There is a processing fee required to be paid to the university upon applying for a course in IMU.
- For the medicine and dentistry programmes, in addition to the academic qualifications, IMU requires all candidates to attend an oral interview, which is designed to provide us with further insight about the candidates, before a final decision of the selection is made.
International student matters
International students who wish to study in a Malaysian institution must apply for a Student Pass before entering Malaysia. Conversion of a Social Pass (Tourist Pass) is STRICTLY not allowed. Student Pass application takes 8 weeks for approval. This duration is just an estimation and it is dependent on EMGS and Immigration Department. Upon receiving the Letter of Offer, students must ensure that they accept the offer before the deadline by making payment for the necessary tuition fee and visa application fee as stated in the letter. Also, we advise that all documents are sent to us three (3) months before the intake date. It is important that you follow the guidelines strictly to avoid delays in your visa application. The University holds no responsibility for late submission. Please visit http://www.imu.edu.my/imu/support-services/application-requirements-proc... for deeper details.
Important documents to be noted:
- Student Pass / Visa processing fee of RM2,500; fee is paid to EMGS (non-refundable) via IMU.
- Completed Pre-Arrival Medical Health Examination Report.
- 6 passport-size photographs (white background – size 3.5cm X 4.5cm).
- 2 photocopies of passport (ALL pages including blank pages. Passport copies should be clear and printed on single-sided A4 paper).
- Please ensure that your passport has a validity of at least 18 months from intake date.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as a Muslim majority country, it is advisable for international students to understand our country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit http://www.imu.edu.my/imu/ for deeper and more information.
IMU MAIN CAMPUSBUKIT JALIL
- No.126, Jalan Jalil Perkasa 19,Bukit Jalil,57000 Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
- +603 8656 7228