MSc in Public Health
- This course is a mixture of both research and coursework
The course will provide students from a wide range of health and related professional backgrounds with the knowledge and skills in public health sciences and related disciplines which will make them more effective contributors in their field of healthcare.
The Masters of Science in Public Health is based on the World Health Organisation’s principles of Health for All:
- Intersectorial collaboration
- Health promotion and disease prevention
- International cooperation
- Community participation
Master of Science in Public Health is now recognised by Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA). The programme is suited for those who want to advance in their careers in a related field with interests related to:
- Medical doctors
- Health Officers
- Environmental Health Officers
- Health Service Managers
- Hospital administrators
- Health Education Officers
- Environmental and Health Engineers
The programme will enable the student to understand the principle and practice of Public Health through the application of:
- Knowledge and understanding of the main disciplines of Public Health, including statistics, epidemiology, health system management and health economics, health protection, medical sociology, communicable disease control, policy development and occupational and environmental health.
- Important skills related to public health, including the use of information technology, research methods, analysis and interpretation of data and information critical appraisal and reasoning, strategic management, creative problem solving, multidisciplinary team working and effective written and oral communication.
- Development of a holistic attitude in solving health problems in the community and cultivating intellectual curiosity and life-long learning in meeting the challenges of public health in the 21st century.
- School of Health Sciences
- IMU Main Campus, Bukit Jalil, Malaysia
Effective 2016, there will be a 15% reduction in postgraduate tuition fees for all IMU alumni who are self-funding their postgraduate study and meet the eligibility criteria.
- Semester 1 - RM 17, 000
- Semester 2 - RM 16, 000
- Semester 3 - RM 11, 000
- Semester 1 - RM 22, 600
- Semester 2 - RM 21, 100
- Semester 3 - RM 14, 600
Applicants are required to have the following:
- A bachelor’s of science degree with minimum cGPA of 2.75 or equivalent in related discipline, as accepted by the University’s Senate.
Alternatively, if above requirement is not met:
- A bachelor’s degree in related discipline not meeting cGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field.
English language requirement
International applicants are required to have either of the following:
- IELTS of a score of 5.0
- Cambridge English: Advanced of a score of 160
- Cambridge English: Proficiency of a score of 180
- Pearson Test of English of a score of 36
- TOEFL (PBT)of a score of 410 - 413
- TOEFL (iBT) of a score of 34
There is a processing fee required to be paid to the university upon applying for a course in IMU.
For the medicine and dentistry programmes, in addition to the academic qualifications, IMU requires all candidates to attend an oral interview, which is designed to provide us with further insight about the candidates, before a final decision of the selection is made.
International student matters
International students who wish to study in a Malaysian institution must apply for a Student Pass before entering Malaysia. Conversion of a Social Pass (Tourist Pass) is STRICTLY not allowed. Student Pass application takes 8 weeks for approval. This duration is just an estimation and it is dependent on EMGS and Immigration Department. Upon receiving the Letter of Offer, students must ensure that they accept the offer before the deadline by making payment for the necessary tuition fee and visa application fee as stated in the letter. Also, we advise that all documents are sent to us three (3) months before the intake date. It is important that you follow the guidelines strictly to avoid delays in your visa application. The University holds no responsibility for late submission. Please visit http://www.imu.edu.my/imu/support-services/application-requirements-proc...for deeper details.
Important documents to be noted:
- Student Pass / Visa processing fee of RM2,500; fee is paid to EMGS (non-refundable) via IMU.
- Completed Pre-Arrival Medical Health Examination Report.
- 6 passport-size photographs (white background – size 3.5cm X 4.5cm).
- 2 photocopies of passport (ALL pages including blank pages. Passport copies should be clear and printed on single-sided A4 paper).
- Please ensure that your passport has a validity of at least 18 months from intake date.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as a Muslim majority country, it is advisable for international students to understand our country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit http://www.imu.edu.my/imu/ for deeper and more information.
IMU MAIN CAMPUSBUKIT JALIL
- No.126, Jalan Jalil Perkasa 19,Bukit Jalil,57000 Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
- +603 8656 7228