Doctor of Philosophy (Business)
The research in the PhD programme is an in-depth investigation of specific research issues related to a management discipline with the aim of enhancing and contributing to new knowledge in that discipline. Students are expected to have strong theoretical and research methodological foundations and be able to conduct their research fairly independently.
• Research Process and Academic Writing
• Research Design and Methodology
• Each student must present and defend his/her PhD research proposal. The student is only allowed to continue with his/her research to Phase Ill on passing of the defence of his/her proposal
Data Collection and Thesis Preparation
• The student proceeds to his/her data collection, data analysis and thesis writing
• After submitting the thesis, the students is required to attend a Viva Voce to defend his/her thesis
- Phase I - Coursework
- Phase II - Proposal Defence
- Phase III - Thesis Preparation
- Phase IV - Viva Voce
- Faculty of Business and Law
The price shown is in Malaysian Ringgit
- 1st year - RM 13, 250
- 2nd year - RM 10, 400
- 3rd year - RM 10, 400
- 1st year - RM 20, 000
- 2nd year - RM 13, 100
- 3rd year - RM 13, 000
- Master’s degree accepted by the HEP Senate or other qualifications as approved by the University Senate.
- Master’s degree accepted by the HEP Senate and pass IELTS with band 6 or better, or TOEFL with a minimum score of 550
Applicants for Doctor of Philoshopy (Business) programme are required to submit a comprehensive statement of the research which they propose to carry out. The proposal should comprise the following elements:
• Field of research
• Topic of research proposal
• Background or a brief literature review on the research topic
• Objective of study - Explain the objectives that influence the research
• The Methodology of study - Explain the methods used in study
• Work schedule
• The research proposal should contain between 1,500 - 2,000 words or about four (4) pages
We are excited that you are applying to the International University of Malaya-Wales. Throughout the application process, please read all instructions carefully. You will need to prepare the following documents for your application:
- Verified copies of your academic qualifications
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- A copy of your MyKad or the identification page of your passport
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as a Muslim majority country, it is advisable for international students to understand our country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit http://iumw.edu.my/ for deeper and more information.
- Administration Wing, 1st Floor, Block A, City Campus, Jalan Tun Ismail, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Hotline: 1700-81-4869
- General Line: (603)-2617 3000
- Enquiry: (603)-2617 3131