Master of Architecture
Master of Architecture is a LAM Part II professional programme which tailors for the wide range of the architectural industry expectations including BIM, High Rise Design, Urban Design, and Landscape Professional Practice and Management. The programme provides candidates with electives in entrepreneurship, project management or architectural critique to further enrich their knowledge in the architectural field.
- Direct entry is accepted for students who have attained Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies at LUCT (which is equivalent to LAM Part I) with a minimum CGPA of 2.70, a minimum of B- (minus) for final semester Design Studio and a minimum of six (6) months practical training in a related field.
- Direct entry is also accepted for students who have attained LAM Part 1 recognised degree or equivalent from other institutions with a minimum CGPA of 2.70, a minimum of B- (minus) for final semester Design Studio, a minimum of six (6) months practical training in a related field, and passed portfolio review and/or interview by the panel.
- An architecture graduate with qualification which is not in Board's list of recognised progammes shall be required to appear for the Part 1 and/or Part 2 examination conducted by the Examination Council (Extracted from LAM Part 1 and Part 2 Examination Handbook, December 2010).
- Pre-Condition: The candidate must possess SPM or O-Level, or its equivalent with minimum of five (5) credits including English and Mathematics.
- English Requirement: Grade C for O-Level, Band 6.0 for IELTS, 550 for TOEFL, B4 for UEC English, or Band 4 for MUET.
- Special Admission: Admission can be granted for a Part 1 candidate who obtained less than 2.70 CGPA but not less than 2.50 CGPA, and with the minimum of B- (minus) for final semester Design Studio, if the candidate possesses a minimum of 12 months of practical training in a related field and the level of exposure is acceptable by the interview panel(**).
- Special Admission: Admission can also be granted for a Part 1 candidate who obtained less than 2.70 CGPA but not less than 2.50 CGPA, and with less than B- (minus) for final semester Design Studio, if the candidate possess a minimum of 18 months of practical training in a related field and the level of exposure (specifically related to design) is acceptable by the interview panel.
Note*: The students who have just graduated with Part 1 and who have not yet completed six (6) months of practical training can be given conditional admission into the programme, however they would have to complete the six (6) months training prior to taking the first semester modules of Master of Architecture programme.
Note**: Conditional admission can be granted to the students who agree to undergo the internship (practical training) in a related field within the minimum duration of 8-12 months, as required by the faculty panel prior to taking the first semester modules of Master of Architecture programme.
- Architecture Design 7
- Advanced Building Technology
- History and Theory of Urban Design
- Research Methods
- Planning and Landscape
- Architecture Design 8
- Architectural Research
- Architectural Sustainability
- Environmental Behaviour Studies
- Building Economics
- Architecture Design Thesis 1
- Architecture Practice 1
- Business Studies 1 (Dir. Elective)
- Project Management 1 (Dir. Elective)
- Culture and Criticism 1 (Dir. Elective)
- Free Elective (2 Credits)
- Architecture Design Thesis 2
- Architecture Practice 2
- Business Studies 2 (Dir. Elective)
- Project Management 2 (Dir. Elective)
- Culture and Criticism 2 (Dir. Elective)
Graduates with Master of Architecture are eligible for the post of Graduate Architect in practicing architecture firms as a prior requirement to pursue LAM Part III as Registered Architect (AR) or lecturer or tutor positions in any Architectural Education Institution. Other possible career pathways include:
- Construction Company - Project Manager
- Industry Building System Manufacturer / Supplier - Design Architect
- Property Development Company - Architecture Consultant