Master of Science in Computer Networking by Limkokwing University of Creative Technology.
This programme is intended for people who require not only an expertise in the area of computer science and internet applications but also significant technical knowledge in the area of networking.
Not only does this programme seek to provide students with specialised networking knowledge and programming skills, it also aims to address those key areas where there are widely acknowledged skills gap in what businesses are seeking.
In short, MSc in Computer Networking is intended to provide an in-depth understanding of the current and future emerging technologies in computer networking and to underpin the design, analysis and implementation of networks that suit a variety of businesses.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent, as accepted by HEP Senate; OR
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with less than CGPA of 2.50 is accepted with a minimum of 5 years working experience in related field.
- Candidate with any other Bachelor's Degree can be accepted with condition to take pre-requisite module as a preparation for graduate studies.
At the end of this programme, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles and theories relating to Information Technology;
- Apply theoretical principles of technology and entrepreneurship in relevant areas;
- Demonstrate a critical and practical understanding of business intelligence systems and the role they play in providing a competitive advantage to organisations;
- Integrate various technology solutions;
- Utilise relevant techniques and demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills in problem solving;
- Apply skills and principles of lifelong learning in academic and career development;
- Communicate effectively with peers, clients, superiors and society at large;
- Demonstrate teamwork, interpersonal and social skills;
- Demonstrate professionalism and social and ethical considerations in accordance with ethical and legal principles;
- Apply broad business and real world perspectives in workplace and everyday activities; and
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial and managerial skills.
- Advanced Computer Network
- Advanced Operating System
- Real Time Systems
- Project Innovation & Management
- Advanced Network Programming
- Network Security
- Mobile Distributed Computing System
- Network Administration
- Research Methodology
- Internet & Intranet Protocol Application
- Network Design & Performance
- Project Paper
- Grid Computing
- Network Administrator
- Network (Systems) Engineer
- Network (Service) Technician
- Network Programmer / Analyst
- Network / Information Systems Manager