Master of Science in Software Management by Limkokwing University of Creative Technology.
This programme provides students with the most relevant, practical, and applicable knowledge available in software engineering and software management. With the appropriate mix of technical and business skills, graduates of this programme can systematically analyse business situations and propose, plan, and manage rigorous software development strategies and efforts to fulfill organisational objectives.
This programme aims at equipping industry practitioners and academicians with advanced knowledge and skills in software management. Among the main objectives are to:
- Produce graduates who possess fundamental skills and knowledge in design and the ability to implement software metrics aligned with business and stakeholder goals;
- Train graduates to manage software development throughout its life cycle and the resources needed to finish projects;
- Equip graduates with advanced theoretical principles and scientific methods to create effective solutions to practical problems;
- Develop the students' effective communication skills in both written and oral form;
- Train graduates to work on a project where they can propose, design, build, test, analyse, and deliver solutions that meet appropriate computing standards and realistic constraints;
- Instill students with the ability to seek knowledge through lifelong learning;
- Equip graduates with the ability to supervise and carry out research under supervision;
- Inculcate graduates with professional and ethical responsibilities, as well as understanding of the possible social, economic, cultural, legal and environmental impact of their computing solutions in the global context;
- Help students obtain an understanding of failed projects and their root causes.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering with honours with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and above from any higher education institution recognised by the Malaysian Government; OR
- Any other recognised equivalent qualification by the Malaysian Government.
At the end of this programme, students will be able to:
- Apply and integrate knowledge concerning current research issues by offering specialised expertise at an advanced level in business, financial and information systems disciplines in the domain of the study programme;
- Use facts and data together with process-oriented thinking and logic to ensure that software management will meet organisational, financial, market, and technical requirements;
- Evaluate and analyse ICT solutions in terms of their usability, efficiency and effectiveness;
- Demonstrate an ability to integrate methods from different areas of organisation, management, information systems and communication technology to analyse performance;
- Apply existing techniques of research and enquiry to acquire, extend, create and interpret knowledge in ICT;
- Communicate and function effectively in a group;
- Prepare, publish and present technical material to a diverse audience; and
- Demonstrate behaviour that is consistent with codes of professional ethics and responsibility.
- Strategic Management Information Systems
- Research Methodology
- Decision Support & Intelligent System
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Software Maintenance & Configuration Management
- System and Software Requirement Analysis and Specifications
- Software Metrics
- Software Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management For Software Professionals
- IT Policy & Strategy
- Software Quality Management
- Research Project Paper
- Management of Outsourced Development
- Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
- Senior Manager (Software Industry)
- Project Manager
- Consultant And Trainer (Software Configuration Management)
- Academician (Software Industry Research & Development)