Established in 1998, Monash University Malaysia carries the distinction of being the Malaysian constituent of a premier research intensive Australian university ranked among the top 100 universities in the world, and a member of Australia’s Group of Eight (Go8).
As an independent, self-accrediting institution of higher education, we attract students from all over the world. Approximately 7,000 students representing almost 70 nationalities are currently enrolled.
We offer a range of Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in the areas of Arts & Social Sciences, Business, Engineering, Information Technology, Medicine & Health Sciences, Pharmacy, Psychology and Science, which are directly linked to the human resource needs of Malaysia and the region. All courses are accredited in Malaysia and Australia, ensuring an education that is locally relevant and internationally recognised. With a Monash degree, our graduates, who are globally-engaged and industry-driven are able to pursue rewarding careers in both the public and private sectors across the region.
Our faculty is a mix of local and international academics with extensive teaching and industry experience. They bring years of knowledge gained from research in their respective fields into the classroom, providing students with a stimulating academic environment. Classes are small in number, allowing the lecturers to cater to the students’ individual needs.
- MCMS – February
- MBIS, MIB, MAE, MPC – February & July
- Research degrees - Throughout the year, subject to availability of supervision
For closing dates: www.monash.edu.my/study/apply/intake-periods
- radio and TV studio and laboratories for multimedia, journalism and communications.
- Islamic Banking and Finance resource centre, trading room to practise working with the stock market and a neurobusiness laboratory to study how consumers make decisions.
- 24 sophisticated labs for practical, experimental and research work in such areas as robotics, computer systems, network and signals, electrical power, solar power, applied mechanics, mechatronics, electronics, physics, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, chemical engineering and sports physiology.
- laboratories dedicated to IT teaching and research, a networking lab and a specialised multimedia teaching lab.
- state-of-the-art histopathology and anatomy labs and well-equipped learning suites, specialist equipment includes live-cell and single-cell imaging microscopes, research labs for cancer research, toxicology, infectious diseases, diabetes and endocrinology, and epidemiology.
- The Brain Research Institute at Monash Sunway campus (BRIMS) is one of the region's leading neuroscience institutes and the University's neuroscience research hub.
- Clinical School in the grounds of the Sultanah Aminah Hospital in Johor Baru offers a clinical skills lab, specimen lab, pathology resource room, library, student common area, open learning centre and a 70-seat lecture theatre.
- Virtual Practice Environment in the School of Pharmacy, where students learn in authentic clinical situations.
- 40 science labs for teaching and research, including a herbarium and labs for applied immunology and pathology, animal and plant tissue culture, genetics, microbiology, human physiology and biochemistry.
- More than 70 other rooms provide support to the labs. They include an animal house, tissue culture and cold rooms and spaces for specialised instruments and photomicroscopy.
- Comfortable accommodation to stay that suit different budgets are located in the campus vicinity.
- 12 fully equipped computer laboratories for general use with a total of 364 computers, 157 computers are available at the Library and Learning Commons and all students have access to wireless connectivity on campus.
- The Library offers comprehensive online resources including over 1,200 scholarly databases, 140,000 e-journals, 450,000 e-books and 98,000 print and media items. Monash-subscribed electronic resources are accessible to Monash users from the Library's website anytime, anywhere through authentication.
- Sports & Recreation facilities such as a student lounge, a super-charged gym and a multi-sport court for games with friends.
- Religious and health facilities
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Alumni Bursaries - 10% of the course fee for Postgraduate Coursework programs
- Postgraduate Research Degree (HDR) Scholarships
- Bursary of RM10,000 for 2 years in the Master of Professional Counselling program
- For Master of Advanced Engineering (Energy & Sustainability) program - RM10,000 per bursary for all qualified applicants, RM 13,000 per bursary to Monash alumni, and RM13,000 per bursary for all corporate & non-corporate Institute of Engineers (IEM) members (including their immediate family members).
- Monash Sports Scholarship - RM5,000 per semester, subject to maintaining satisfactory academic progress and sporting performance, as determined by Monash Malaysia.
- Graduate Merit Research Scholarship - covers 100% of the tuition fees, plus a living allowance as follows:
- Masters by Research - RM2,600/month (up to 24 months of candidature).
- Doctor of Philosophy - RM2,600/month (up to 42 months of candidature).
Terms and conditions apply: https://www.monash.edu.my/study/scholarships-and-financial-assistance
Where to get application forms: https://www.monash.edu.my/study/apply/application-form
Application forms are also available at Monash Malaysia.