This course undertake an academically rigorous and professionally relevant program of study international business issues.
Knowledge gained from the course will provide you with the skills to lead your company through the internationalisation process. The program is also relevant for those seeking career advancement in the public, inter-governmental and non-profit sectors and others who wish to extend their skills in the analysis and interpretation of the global business environment.
Areas of study
Core units include:
- accounting and finance for international managers
- international management
- marketing and the international consumer
- international business and theory
- introduction to international economics
- international trade law
- cross-cultural management communication
- international business strategy.
Career opportunities are extensive, including strategy planning and analysis, strategic management, consultancy, international business, and export-import strategy within businesses and industries that have an international focus. Graduates will also be suitably trained for employment by multinational corporations.
This course normally takes 2 years full-time to complete but if you have relevant entry qualifications you may receive credit and be able to complete the course in 1.5 years or 1 year full-time, or part-time equivalent.
Students have a maximum of 6 years to complete this course including any periods of intermission and suspension, and must be continuously enrolled throughout.
- Master of International Business
- Graduate Certificate in Business
- Graduate Diploma in Business
- Refer to 'Alternative exits' entry below for further requirements and details.
The Master of International Business advances your business knowledge and gives you the skills to operate with an international perspective. The Master of International Business includes two internationally-focused specialisations; international business, and diplomacy and trade. The course is designed for recent graduates, and also provides an accelerated path for those with relevant work experience. The Master of International Business will build on your undergraduate credentials and further strengthen your business skills. You will develop advanced and vital skills in problem solving, research and communication. These skills will be demonstrated in an internationalised world, exhibiting cross-cultural competence and ethical values. The Master of International Business can also provide a research pathway for students interested in higher degrees by research. The course will provide a comprehensive understanding of international business enabling students to provide discipline-based solutions relevant to the business, professional and public policy communities we serve.
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that students will:
be critical and creative scholars who:
- produce innovative solutions to problems
- apply research skills to business challenges
- communicate effectively and perceptively
be responsible and effective global citizens who:
- engage in an internationalised world
- exhibit cross-cultural competence
- demonstrate ethical values
- Have a comprehensive understanding of their discipline and be able to provide discipline-based solutions relevant to the business, professional and public policy communities we serve
- Have advanced knowledge to master's level in international business
In 2018, full tuition fees for this course are:
- RM53,000 for Malaysian students
- RM58,300 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa application fee for new international student
- Indonesia - RM 3,360
- Other countries - RM 2,380
To apply for the Master of International Business program in the School of Business, you must have completed at least a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 55 per cent weighted average marks (WAM).
English language requirement
Sound English language skills are required for all academic programs at Monash. You can demonstrate your English language proficiency through one of the following:
- studying English at Year 12 or equivalent
- studying at an institution where English is the language of instruction
- English Proficiency Tests
- Monash English Bridging.
If you have achieved more than one of the English language requirements over a period of time, only the most recent demonstration of English proficiency will be considered.
You must meet specific English language requirements when applying for our master’s and doctoral research degrees.
Submission of evidence
You must submit full documentary evidence in support of English proficiency with your application for candidature. If your first language is not English, or where degree qualifications were not undertaken in the English language, Monash reserves the right to seek further documentary evidence of English proficiency.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as Malaysia is a majority muslim country. It is advisable for international students to understand the country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit https://www.monash.edu/ for deeper and more information.
- Tel: +60 3 5514 6000
- Fax: +60 3 5514 6001