Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Commerce
This qualification is particularly suitable for adult students who wish to undertake further study to the higher research degree level. Students who complete the course with first-class honours may be permitted to enrol in a PhD without first completing a master’s degree by research.
Areas of study
Areas of study include:
- Accounting and finance
- Business law and taxation
- Econometrics and business statistics
- This course gives students a number of key skills that are highly valued within industry and academia. It is a research-preliminary qualification and provides a pathway to a higher research degree for students who do not meet the normal admission requirements.
The course structure comprises of the following:
a) Taught units:
- Research methodology 1 (6 credit points)
- Research methodology 2 (6 credit points)
b) Supervised coursework units:
- Directed studies 1 (6 credit points)
- Directed studies 2 (6 credit points)
c) 100% research based unit, with a thesis requirement of up to 20,000 words:
- Research project and report (24 credit points)
- The Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Commerce can be undertaken over 1 year.
- Each year, there are two intake periods for the Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Commerce at Monash University Malaysia. This means that you start in February or July.
In 2019, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM34,600 for Malaysian students
- RM38,100 for international students
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa for new international student
- Visa application fee - RM 2,380
To enter Monash University, students must satisfy particular academic, English language and age requirements.
To apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Commerce program in the School of Business, you must have:
- Completed the requirement for the Bachelor of Business and Commerce at Monash University or an equivalent degree
- Obtained a minimum 70 per cent average grade over Level 2 and 3 of the undergraduate degree in specialised area of business units
- Successfully completed at least one unit in statistics or econometrics as part of the undergraduate degree
- Satisfied the University’s English language requirements
English language requirements
Sound English language skills are required for all academic programs at Monash. You can demonstrate your English language proficiency through one of the following:
- Studying English at Year 12 or equivalent
- Studying at an institution where English is the language of instruction
- English Proficiency Tests
- Monash English Bridging
If you have achieved more than one of the English language requirements over a period of time, only the most recent demonstration of English proficiency will be considered.
You must meet specific English language requirements when applying for our master’s and doctoral research degrees.
Submission of evidence
You must submit full documentary evidence in support of English proficiency with your application for candidature. If your first language is not English, or where degree qualifications were not undertaken in the English language, Monash reserves the right to seek further documentary evidence of English proficiency.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as Malaysia is a majority muslim country. It is advisable for international students to understand the country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit https://www.monash.edu/ for deeper and more information.
- Tel: +60 3 5514 6000
- Fax: +60 3 5514 6001