Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering) By Research
Faculty of Engineering:
The postgraduate students from the Faculty of Engineering, Cyberjaya Campus carry out their research across the different areas of engineering which include telecommunications, image processing and optical engineering. Faculty staff members are very active in research activities as elaborated in the subsections below. There are 5 research centres in the faculty, namely the Centre for Wireless Technology, Centre for Advanced Devices and Systems, Centre for Electrical Energy and Automation, Centre for Digital Home and Centre for Optical Fibres. These research centres serve as platforms for research activities and discussions, and are very important for nurturing a vibrant research culture.
Field of Research:
Faculty of Engineering (but not limited to)
- 5G Mobile Network & Use Cases
- Advanced Material & Devices
- Electrical Power Systems & Green Energy
- Intelligent System & Machine Learning
- Nanomaterials & Nanofabrication
- Optical Engineering & Photonics
- Robotics & Automation
- VLSI & System-on-Chip (SoC)
Faculty of Engineering & Technology:
Research and development is an extremely important element in FET’s continuing pursuit for excellence. The process of discovering new founded knowledge and communicating the new findings to academia has become an integral part of the learning community. A number of research areas have been identified as focus areas that are deemed important to MMU. Our research program equips you with the knowledge and research skills needed to innovate in the area of your interest (i.e. Intelligent Robotics, Remote Sensing, e-Health, Green and Sustainable Engineering, 5G, Machine Vision, Intelligent Systems, IoT and many more). These are the critical technologies that are the foundation for many products and services. This programme assures you an opportunity of extensive training in research under supervision so that you are capable of working innovatively in your selected major.
Field of Research:
Faculty of Engineering and Technology (but not limited to)
- Remote Sensing and Surveillance Technology
- e-Health Technology
- Robotics and Automation Technology
- Advanced Mechanical and Green Technology
- Communication and Sustainable IoT Technology
- Manufacturing and Environment Sustainability Technology
- Engineering Computational Intelligence
- Solid-state Electronics
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or Engineering Technology or related field from MMU or institutions recognised by the Senate; or
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in a non-related field from MMU or institutions recognised by the Senate, and evidence of at least two (2) years relevant working or research experience; or
- Other academic qualifications equivalent to (1) or (2) that are accepted by the Senate.
English Language Requirement
An applicant is required to possess a sufficient level of English language proficiency by obtaining one of the followings:
- A minimum IELTS overall band score of 5.0 ; or
- A minimum overall TOEFL iBT score of 42 ; or
- A minimum MUET overall band score of 3 ; or
- A minimum Pearson Test of English score of 47 ; or
- A minimum Cambridge Qualifications and Test score of 154.
In addition to the above, any other qualification which is of equivalent level as determined by the Senate of the University.
Throughout the year