Doctor of Philosophy (Information Technology) By Research
The research programmes are designed for students who wish to pursue an academic or industrial career in IT. The programmes equip students with knowledge and skills to solve fundamental problems in ICT and to meet the needs and demands of the society.
Field of Research:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Bioinformatics & Medical Information Technology
- Computer Vision
- Data Communication and Networking
- Data Science/Data Analytics
- Human Computer Interaction/Interaction Design
- Image & Video Processing
- Information Systems Engineering
- Natural Language Processing
- Security Technology
- Speech & Signal Processing
- Software Engineering and Architecture Multimedia Systems
- Faculty of Computing & Informatics
- Faculty of Information Science & Technology
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Information Technology or a related field from MMU or institutions recognised by the Senate; or
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in a non-related field from MMU or institutions recognised by the Senate; and evidence of at least two (2) years relevant working or research experience; or
- Other academic qualifications equivalent to (1) or (2) that are accepted by the Senate.
English Language Requirement
An applicant is required to possess a sufficient level of English language proficiency by obtaining one of the followings:
- A minimum IELTS overall band score of 6.0 ; or
- A minimum overall TOEFL iBT score of 60 ; or
- A minimum MUET overall band score of 4 ; or
- A minimum Pearson Test of English score of 59 ; or
- A minimum Cambridge Qualifications and Test score of 169.
In addition to the above, any other qualification which is of equivalent level as determined by the Senate of the University.
Throughout the year