MSc in Accounting
The programme covers 12 full courses, made up of 3 Business Core (BC) and 9 Accountancy Core (AC) courses. Up to 2 waivers are allowed, based on previous extensive coverage in your undergraduate programme, subject to approval from the School. Waivers will be substituted with Master's level electives.
Our courses are taught by our faculty from Singapore's leading and most established accountancy school, reputed for its pragmatic and industry-oriented approach. Each year, we admit around 40 students from the region with keen interest and enthusiasm to deepen their skills and knowledge in accounting, and to advance their career in this field.
All our courses are conducted in English, on NTU's vibrant campuses in Singapore. The MSc Accountancy programme is also accredited by the Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC) and Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA).
The Nanyang Business School at Nanyang Technological University is ranked 1st in Asia for accounting research. The MSc Accountancy* programme leverages on the school's long tradition and track record of more than 50 years in training executives in accounting and finance-related fields for leadership roles in Singapore and beyond. The school is accredited for accounting by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. It has had a decade-long collaboration with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, one of the top accounting schools in the US.
Business Core Courses:
- Accounting Information System
- Financial Management
- Strategic Management/ Data Analytics for Accounting
Accountancy Core Courses:
- Financial Accounting
- Management of Legal Obligations in Business
- Company Law
- Accounting Recognition and Measurement
- Accounting for Decision Making and Control
- Assurance and Auditing
- Tax Management
- Risk Reporting and Analysis
- Accounting Analysis and Equity Valuation
- Risk Management and Advanced Auditing
To know more about the subjects or courses please visit http://www.nbs.ntu.edu.sg/Programmes/Graduate/NanyangMScAccountancy/Abou....
- The Nanyang Business School
- Nanyang Technological University, Nanyang Business School
The following fees breakdown are extracted from the institution official website. They are shown in Singapore Dollar.
- Application Fee: S$100
- Enrolment Fee: S$5,000 (inclusive of GST, non-refundable and payable upon acceptance of offer of admission)
- Tuition Fee: S$45,000 (inclusive of GST and S$5,000 enrolment fee, payable in equal instalments over 3 terms for full-time programme; over 6 terms for part-time programme)
- Miscellaneous Fees: Approximately S$300 (inclusive of GST*)
- Medical Scheme: S$80.25
Goods and Services Tax (GST) in Singapore is currently 7% .
Miscellaneous Fees include fees for Registration, Exam, Amenities and Sports (full-time students only), IT Facilities, Smart Card and Copyright.
Minimum entry and language requirement
- A good Bachelor's degree in any field
- A good GMAT/GRE score
- TOEFL/IELTS for applicants whose first degree was taken in a language other than English
- Work experience is a plus but not required
- Pass admission interview
Applicants should apply online and upload copies of the following supporting documents hereafter online submission:
- Degree Scroll(s) (Masters and/or Bachelor degree)
- Transcripts (Masters and/or Bachelor degree)
- Two Referee Reports: Please download and email the Referee Report Form to two referees whom you have indicated in the online application and request them to email the completed form to MScAcc@ntu.edu.sg
- Part-Time applicants should complete the Company Approval Form and share with us at MScAcc@ntu.edu.sg
- A scanned passport size photo
- A scanned copy of your NRIC/passport details
Official translation is required for all documents which are not in English.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited for an admissions interview conducted by NTU faculty.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Singapore, as they have strict rules regarding alcohol, drugs and anything related to items that can cause chemical and physical harms.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Singapore mostly, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit http://www.ntu.edu.sg/Pages/home.aspx for deeper and more information.
- Nanyang Technological University, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798
- Tel: (65) 67911744