Nanyang Executive MBA
Participants choose from one of the following tracks:
- General Management
- Aviation & Air Transport
- Hospitality Management
Participants gain international exposure through overseas modules that span at least two continents depending on the track they choose, and benefit from a uniquely Asian curriculum that interweaves Eastern and Western business principles.
The programme attracts outstanding participants from Asia, Europe, Africa, U.S. and the Middle East who boast a proven track record in senior management positions and reflect myriad backgrounds, sectors and nationalities.
You will be taught by one of the region’s most experienced business faculty and you will benefit from our strong network of global universities and learning institutions.
Core modules, common to all participants, take place on NTU’s vibrant campus in Singapore, one of the most beautiful campuses in the world. These modules allow you to gain insights and best practices across all sectors and industries, such as the following:
- Asian leadership
- Cultural intelligence in a globalised workplace
- Economy issues in Asia
- Adding value through HR management
General management field:
- The General Management track addresses vital business functions such as corporate finance, human resource strategy, valuation of businesses and analysis, mergers and acquisitions, operations, Asian leadership tenets, and business strategy.
- This track includes residential modules at two of the most prestigious U.S. universities: The Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania and University of California, Berkeley. The one-week segment at The Wharton School covers a module called Corporate Strategy & Financial Value Creation.
- The modules conducted at UC Berkeley over the two-week segment are namely: Leadership Accelerator and Innovation & Entrepreneurship. These are the key drivers for business successes and corporate sustainability.
Aviation & air transport field:
- The Aviation & Air Transport Management track offers a rigorous general management framework and powerful insights from the world’s most distinguished industry leaders.
- In addition to core modules on the NTU Singapore campus, participants attend a two week segment at IATA’s Training and Development Institute in Geneva, Switzerland, where they analyse hot-bed issues facing the industry such as aviation law, airport strategic management, and aviation safety and security.
- Participants may also enhance their knowledge of sustainable business models by attending an optional module at the Wharton School of Business which is offered at a special rate for EMBA participants and alumni.
Hospitality management field:
- The Hospitality Management track enables hospitality professionals to gain a competitive edge by helping them identify untapped market opportunities and maximise their organisation’s unique strengths. The track also examines industry-specific issues such as hotel investment and financial strategy and hotel revenue management.
- The Nanyang Business School
- Nanyang Technological University, Nanyang Business School
The Executive MBA programme fee for January 2018 intake is S$95,000 (+ 7% GST). The tuition fee covers tuition, most teaching materials and meals when classes are in session. The fee does not include accommodation or travel-related expenses. A non-refundable fee of S$200 is payable with the application.
Minimum entry and language requirement
The Nanyang EMBA Programme selects outstanding senior managers who are capable of contributing to classroom discussions and active participation. EMBA cohorts reflect a rich variety of professional profiles and industries to enrich peer-to-peer learning.
- Exceptional manager with a minimum of 8 years of experience, including 5 years in a managerial role (average age:39)
- Strong career progression and proven ambition to succeed
- Outstanding industry-specific experience for the small- and medium-sized enterprises, aviation, and hospitality
- Undergraduate degree from a recognised university
- Complete fluency in English
Candidates with extensive industry experience who do not hold an undergraduate degree are assessed on a case-by-case basis and may be asked to complete the GMAT exam.
Potential participants may contact the Admissions Commitee for a one-on-one consultation to learn more about the programme. NTU also organises information sessions in key venues, where potential candidates can meet members of the admissions team and EMBA alumni.
If the programme is a good fit, the first step is to complete an online application, which includes two essays that outline your unique qualifications and motivation for participating in the programme.
Candidates must also submit the following documents:
- A detailed résumé or career summary, including details of your current responsibilities and reporting relationship.
- Two referee reports completed by your supervisor or colleague who can attest to your management potential and ability to successfully complete the programme.You may download the referee report here.
- Verified copies of academic certificates and transcripts from all undergraduate, graduate and professional schools attended. Official English translations must be provided for any documentation in another language.
- Professional membership certificates and awards, if applicable.
- Photocopy of relevant pages in your passport or identification card.
- Passport-sized colour photograph (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Non-refundable application fee of S$200.
Email required documents to the Nanyang EMBA admissions team at email@example.com.
The Admissions Commitee will contact all applicants and invite short-listed candidates for a personal interview.
The application deadline for January 2018 intake is 30 November 2017 for all EMBA tracks.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Singapore, as they have strict rules regarding alcohol, drugs and anything related to items that can cause chemical and physical harms.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Singapore mostly, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit http://www.ntu.edu.sg/Pages/home.aspx for deeper and more information.
- Nanyang Technological University, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798
- Tel: (65) 67911744