Master of Science (Public Health)
- This is a coursework based studies
Public health refers to all organized measures (whether public or private) to prevent diseases, promote health, and prolong life among the population as a whole. Its activities aim to provide conditions in which people can be healthy and focus on entire populations, not on individual patients or diseases.
The structure is as follows:
- Foundation of family and public health
- Introduction to biostatic
- Health promotion and behaviour change
- Basic epidemology
- Introduction to environmental and occupational health
- Health policy and management
- Introduction to research methods
- Research proposal development
An array of assessment methods are used in line with the recommendation of the Malaysian Qualifications Agency and in tandem with local and international practices. The different modes of assessment methods used are multiple choice questions written examinations, class test, presentations, case discussions, project work, assignments and dissertation.
- International health organizations
- Non-Governmental organizations
- Industries like Pharmaceutical and Oil & Gas
- As a stepping stone to pursue a PhD in Public Health
- Graduate School of Medicine (PUGSOM)
- A health-related Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and accepted by the Senate of Perdana University.
Alternatively, if the above requirement is not met:
- A health-related Bachelor’s degree below a CGPA of 2.50 with a minimum of 5 years working experience in a relevant field.
English language requirements
TOEFL minimum score of 600 or IELTS minimum Band 6 or higher. Exceptions in the IELTS or TOEFL requirements may be made on a discretionary basis by the University Senate.
Candidates interested in the academic programmes are advised to ensure that they meet the entry requirements of the programme before they submit their application form.
Form can be obtained from http://www.perdanauniversity.edu.my/application-process/.
Please be reminded that for this course, the application is available to to apply at January, May and September.
International student matters
All foreigners who wish to pursue their education in any level of education in Malaysia are required to apply for a Student Pass and Visa. Without Visa Approval Letter (VAL), International Students are not allowed to enter Malaysia. The application must be made through the Perdana University.
How to apply VAL?
- Apply to Perdana University and receive the offer letter.
- Prepare document as required – refer checklist
- Register with EMGS by log in to http://educationmalaysia.gov.my
- (*EMGS User Guideline, Example Guideline and VAL (EMGS) Fees Payment Information)
- Complete the required information: Complete the required information, upload the documents as required, select the insurance company, select payment method and complete application with EMGS
- Compile documents according to the checklist
- Send the completed documents to the International Office, Perdana University
- View application status via EMGS Application Status. Once application has been approved, the Immigration Department of Malaysia will issue a Visa Approval Letter (VAL) to the students concerned. The university will notify students once approval has been received. Students must provide complete address and contact number if they wish to receive the original VAL.
- Obtain a single entry visa at the nearest Malaysia Embassy/consulate in your home country with the VAL.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as a Muslim majority country, it is advisable for international students to understand our country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit http://www.perdanauniversity.edu.my/ for deeper and more information.
- Block B & D1, Level 1 MAEPS Building, MARDI Complex, Jalan MAEPS Perdana, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, MALAYSIA
- Tel: +60389418646
- Fax: +60389417661