Faculty of Arts
- Doctorate (PhD)
- Master's Coursework
- Master's Research
Part-time & Full-time
Application Open Date
3 September 2018
Next Intake Date
General Admissions Requirements
Taught Doctoral and Non-articulated PhD programmes:
- A Master’s degree from a recognized university.
Master’s and MPhil-PhD articulated programmes:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, normally with honours not lower than second class; or
- A Bachelor’s degree from an honours programme of a recognized university, normally with an average grade of not lower than “B”.
Postgraduate Diploma programmes:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
English Language Requirements for Admission
• A degree from a university in Hong Kong or a degree based on a programme of which the medium of instruction was English; or
• Scores in the following English Language tests* as indicated:
– TOEFL: 550 (paper-based)/79 (internet-based); or
– IELTS (Academic): 6.5; or
– GMAT (Verbal): Band 21
Some programmes may have their specific admissions requirements.
*TOEFL and IELTS are considered valid for two years from the test date. GMAT is considered valid for five years from the test date. Some programmes may have higher score requirement.
For more details, please refer to https://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk/admissions/admissions/requirements
The Faculty of Arts enjoys a unique reputation for integrating Eastern and Western learning, teaching and research. It effects dialogue within the humanities and pioneers research across disciplines. The Faculty comprises 11 departments and two language centres.
For more information, you may send your inquiries to email@example.com or you may visit https://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk/admissions/programme/arts