Faculty of Law
- Doctorate (PhD)
- Juris Doctor (JD)
- Master's Coursework
- Master's Research
- Professional Certificate
Part-time & Full-time
Application Open Date
3 September 2018
Next Intake Date
General Admissions Requirements
Taught Doctoral and Non-articulated PhD programmes:
- A Master’s degree from a recognized university.
Master’s and MPhil-PhD articulated programmes:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, normally with honours not lower than second class; or
- A Bachelor’s degree from an honours programme of a recognized university, normally with an average grade of not lower than “B”.
Postgraduate Diploma programmes:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
English Language Requirements for Admission
• A degree from a university in Hong Kong or a degree based on a programme of which the medium of instruction was English; or
• Scores in the following English Language tests* as indicated:
– TOEFL: 550 (paper-based)/79 (internet-based); or
– IELTS (Academic): 6.5; or
– GMAT (Verbal): Band 21
Some programmes may have their specific admissions requirements.
*TOEFL and IELTS are considered valid for two years from the test date. GMAT is considered valid for five years from the test date. Some programmes may have higher score requirement.
For more details, please refer to https://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk/admissions/admissions/requirements
The Faculty of Law enjoys close relations with professional organizations and centres of learning in the international community. It brings the common law and Chinese law systems together with other legal traditions to promote justice and safeguard the rule of law. Its innovative academic programmes have been designed with advice from prominent academics and senior members of the legal profession. Students are encouraged to develop a deep understanding of legal practice and theory. The Faculty also runs double-degree programmes with other Faculties. Holders of CUHK law degrees will apply their intellectual and lawyering skills and uphold the highest ethical values to become future leaders.
For more information, you may send your inquiries to email@example.com or you may visit https://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk/admissions/programme/law