Faculty of Social Science
- Doctorate (PhD)
- Master's Coursework
- Master's Research
Part-time & Full-time
Application Open Date
3 September 2018
Next Intake Date
General Admissions Requirements
Taught Doctoral and Non-articulated PhD programmes:
- A Master’s degree from a recognized university.
Master’s and MPhil-PhD articulated programmes:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, normally with honours not lower than second class; or
- A Bachelor’s degree from an honours programme of a recognized university, normally with an average grade of not lower than “B”.
Postgraduate Diploma programmes:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
English Language Requirements for Admission
• A degree from a university in Hong Kong or a degree based on a programme of which the medium of instruction was English; or
• Scores in the following English Language tests* as indicated:
– TOEFL: 550 (paper-based)/79 (internet-based); or
– IELTS (Academic): 6.5; or
– GMAT (Verbal): Band 21
Some programmes may have their specific admissions requirements.
*TOEFL and IELTS are considered valid for two years from the test date. GMAT is considered valid for five years from the test date. Some programmes may have higher score requirement.
For more details, please refer to https://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk/admissions/admissions/requirements
Six Departments and two Schools under the Faculty of Social Science are staffed by distinguished scholars and dedicated teachers. They are united in their common goal of grooming students to become globally competitive professionals. Postgraduate students will benefit from the cultural and structural diversity of these Departments and Schools, and their multidisciplinary approaches to teaching and research.
For more information, you may send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk/admissions/programme/social-science