MSc Civil Engineering by The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus.
Our MSc Civil Engineering provides a comprehensive programme of study across a range of subject areas. You may prefer to opt for a more specialised approach bychoosing specific modules in the area of your interest in the first two semesters. Furthermore, you could focus your research project in the same area. You may choose from these research areas: environment, geotechnical engineering, management, pavement engineering, structural engineering, and transportation and water resources.
The course consists of 120 credits of core and optional taught modules along with a 60-credit major individual research-based project. In addition to the core modules, you will be able to choose from a number of optional modules to create a more generalised path of study for the award of MSc Civil Engineering or to augment your degree a specific area of interest. Following the successful completion of the taught modules, the major individual project is undertaken over the summer term.
Typical core modules:
- Research Project
- Research Project Literature Review
- Research Project Organisation and Planning
Typical optional modules:
- Advanced Concrete Structures
- Advanced Properties of Concrete
- Construction Planning and Processes
- Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics
- Finite Element Analysis in Structural Mechanics
- Highway and Pavement Design
- Materials for Highways and Railways
- Predictive Soil Mechanics
- Railway Technology
- Sedimentation and Erosion
- Sustainable Construction and Life Cycle Analysis
- Wind Engineering and Energy
An upper second class honours degree (or international equivalent) in chemical engineering or a related discipline.
Applicants must have graduated from an approved university. Other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in each element)
- TOEFL (iBT): 79 (minimum 17 in Writing and Listening, 18 in Reading, 20 in Speaking)
- PTE (Academic): 55 (with no less than 51 in each element)
IELTS and TOEFL test results must be less than 2 years old and all IELTS must be the academic version of the test.
The blend of academic study and development of practical and professional skills that the course provides is an ideal preparation for the future challenges of working in a multidisciplinary environment. Graduates of this course are highly sought-after and enter a range of careers related to the field of civil engineering.
Professional accreditation MSc (technical)
This degree is accredited as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a CharteredEngineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired an Accredited CEng (Partial)BEng(Hons) or an Accredited IEng (Full) BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree.
See www.jbm.org.uk for further information.
This degree has been accredited by:
- Joint Board of Moderators of the Institution of Civil Engineers
- Institution of Structural Engineers
- Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation
- Institute of Highway Engineers