MSc Mechanical Engineering by The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus.
The MSc course offers you the opportunity to study advanced topics in mechanical engineering, covering engineering science, design and technology. From abroad base, it builds on our key research and academic strengths and concludes with an individual project in the summer term. You will develop skills including the ability to solve problems using both logic and creative/innovative approaches, excellent numerate, computer and analytical skills, the ability to plan, prioritise and work to deadlines under pressure and the proficiency to communicate with others.
The MSc Mechanical Engineering consists of 70 credits of core modules and 50 credits of optional taught modules, along with a 60-credit summer individual project often linked with industrially sponsored research. Projects include experimental analyses, design oriented studies and the development of mathematical or computational models. The compulsory modules will teach you about the latest, cutting-edge developments in engineering from our world-leading research groups. You will also be able to choose from a number of optional modules which will allow you to focus your studies on your areas of interest.
Typical core modules:
- Advanced Technology Review
- Aircraft Propulsion Systems or Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Individual Postgraduate Project
- Integrated Systems Analysis
- Internal Combustion Engines or Heat Transfer
- Making Metals Peform or Fibre Reinforced Composite Engineering
- Materials Models and Modes of Failure or Stress Analysis Techniques
- Research Planning
Typical optional modules:
- Advanced Dynamics of Machines
- Additive Manufacturing and 3D-Printing
- Conservation and Recycling of Materials
- Finite Element Analysis
- Finite Element Analysis in Structural Mechanics
- Introduction to Automotive Technology
- Learn Manufacturing
- Management Studies
- Mathematical Techniques in Partial Differential Equations for Engineers
- Mathematics Systems
- Polymer Engineering
- Power Generation and Carbon Capture
- Robotics and Automation Technology
- Statistical Process Control and Quality Improvement
An upper second class honours degree (or international equivalent) in mechanical engineering or a related discipline.
Applicants must have graduated from an approved university. Other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in each element)
- TOEFL (iBT): 79 (minimum 17 in Writing and Listening, 18 in Reading, 20 in Speaking)
- PTE (Academic): 55 (with no less than 51 in each element)
IELTS and TOEFL test results must be less than 2 years old and all IELTS must be the academic version of the test.