Master in Business Administration (MBA)
The UCSI University MBA programme is specially designed to provide access to higher learning opportunities for both local and international practitioners and professionals. The programme is a practical-based course that incorporates tools, methodologies and frameworks of the Blue Ocean Strategy. The Blue Ocean Strategy provides a systematic approach to making the competition irrelevant. UCSI University is the only Malaysian institution of higher learning to oﬀer a postgraduate programme based on this framework. UCSI University incorporates a diverse and exciting blended learning approach by imparting knowledge through workshops, presentations and case studies. UCSI University’s MBA programme is supported by a team of highly qualiﬁed academicians specialising in various sectors and equipped with extensive industry experience.
The scope of studies also includes current developments and debates on business and management topics at both the theoretical and applied levels. Graduate students will be encouraged to conduct theoretical exercises on these topics and their relevance to actual practice, in particular their applicability to small and medium-sized enterprises and industries worldwide. Industrial practitioners and corporate consultants will be featured as speakers during the programme. As a graduate programme, the MBA study promotes life-long learning among learners to prepare them for international employment opportunities, future career development and further research and study anywhere in the world.
UCSI University's MBA is a one-year programme with a trimester offering. Those who do not fulfil the requirement of minimum two years relevant work experience will need to undertake the compulsory cooperative placement. Each semester lasts 14 weeks.
Classes are conducted on weekdays in the evening and daytime for weekends.
Teaching and learning
The dynamic learning process involves various methods. Teaching and learning approaches may include lectures, case analysis, individual or group assignments, examinations, guest speakers, presentations, and seminars. In addition, small class sizes create a collaborative and highly interpersonal environment for the students.
Special Package for UCSI University Staff and Students
- UCSI University Staff can opt for EESS scheme or discounted fees currently on offer.
- UCSI University Students - 10% discount on fees.
Semester 1 (15 credit hours)
- Financial Accounting and Analysis
- Information Technology for Managers
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Research Methods for Business and Management
Semester 2 (12 credit hours)
- Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- International Business and Management
- Business Policy and Strategic Management
- Research Planning
Semester 3 (13 credit hours)
- Financial Management and Policy
- Operations and Logistics Management
- Master Coursework Project
Plus one elective course chosen from the list below:
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Supply Chain Management
- Import and Export Management
Tuition cost for 1 year which is minimum 3 semesters
- Malaysian students: RM 26, 000
- International students: RM 35, 000
Additional charges will be implemented as well,
- Resources fee for Malaysian students (ICT, library, student activities, facilities): RM 600.00
- Resources fee for International student (ICT, library, student activities, facilities, medical plan): RM 650.00
Special case for international students
- First time payment after application: RM 24, 600
- A bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent
- A recognised bachelor’s degree with CGPA below 2.50 or equivalent with minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field
English language requirements
- IELTS Band 6.0
- Applicants who are deemed to have attained the equivalent competency of B2 on the Common European Framework Reference (CEFR)
- TOEFL: a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or a minimum score of 79 with no less than 17 in each four components (internet-based)
- Applicants with degrees and with proof of English Language as the medium of instruction are exempted from the above requirements upon faculty approval
Application process for Malaysian students
All students must complete the Online Registration Form.
Submit by post the Online Registration Form and the following documents to the Student Enrolment Centre:
- A certified true copy of actual / forecast / trial examination results. For instance: SPM / 'O'- Levels, STPM / A-Levels, UEC, SAM, CPU or other equivalent qualifications.
- For exemption purposes - Diploma students (completed or currently still studying) must provide a certified transcript and Diploma Certificate (if applicable), together with the course syllabus.
- A photocopy of your Identification Card (IC), both sides.
- Three (3) copies of passport-size colour photograph.
- Other supporting documents for your application (if any), eg. TOEFL, IELTS, MUET etc.
For Postgraduate Applications, kindly include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- A 2-3 page essay (i.e. your personal statement) in relation to your goals and objectives and how this programme will meet or enhance those objectives
A crossed cheque or bankdraft or Telegraphic Transfer (TT) for registration should be made payable to UCSI Education Sdn. Bhd. The Registration Fees are as follows:
- RM400 (All programmes in UCSI University, Kuala Terengganu Campus)
- RM650 (Postgraduate Programmes)
Application process for international students
Register online through the official website.
1. Academic Qualifications (PDF format)
For Postgraduate Applications, kindly include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- 2-3 page essay (i.e. your personal statement) in relation to your goals and objectives and how this programme will meet or enhance those objectives
2. Passport copy (Multipage PDF format)
- Passport validity must not be less than 18 months from the date of admission/submission to the university.
- All pages of the passport – including the cover pages – are required (in colour).
- Kindly make sure that the page numbers of the passport are clearly visible.
3. Passport-sized photograph
- Coloured, with white background
- Photograph measurement: Height (45mm) and Width (35mm)
4. Medical Report Form (PDF format)
5. Accommodation Application Form (if required)
- Enclosed with non-refundable booking fee of RM1,000 (USD 340)
6. Additional Documents
- Declaration Letter: discrepancy of name on passport & academic transcripts; to be issued by home country’s Ministry of Education OR by home country's commissioner of oath.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC - Sudan): for students with Sudanese passport. To be issued by Sudan Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malasyia.
- Eligibility Letter (EL - Iran): for students with Iranian passport. To be issued by Iran Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
7. Telegraphic Transfer (TT) receipt of the Application Fee
- Fee for this course: RM 2,790
Telegraphic Transfer (TT) receipt of the Application Fee (inclusive of EMGS payment) (receipt copies are to be uploaded during online registration or emailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org).
Then, Conditional Letter of Offer (CLO) is required after meeting the entry requirements and receiving the payment (Applications Fee and EMGS Visa Processing Fee), the University will email a scanned copy of the Conditional Letter of Offer (CLO). Then, UCSI University will proceed to apply for the Visa Approval Letter on behalf of the student. This process will take approximately 8-10 weeks.
When remittance of the Initial Fees and Miscellaneous Fees (as stated in the LoA including total rental and deposit for staying at the Residential Hall) have been credited into UCSI University's bank account via Telegraphic Transfer (refer to Step 1), UCSI University will courier the original LoA and the Original Visa Approval Letter (VAL) to the student upon request only.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as Malaysia is a majority muslim country. It is advisable for international students to understand the country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit https://www.ucsiuniversity.edu.my/ for deeper and more information.
UCSI University Kuala Lumpur Campus
- No. 1, Jalan Menara Gading, UCSI Heights (Taman Connaught), Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Tel: (+603) 9101 8880
- Fax: (+603) 9102 2614