Master of Child Psychology
Focusing on a crucial stage in developmental psychology, this Masters programme equips graduate learners like yourself with new insights on how children learn and the way they interact with their surroundings. In-depth training and applied knowledge characterise the delivery of the programme and you will understand – and appreciate – how subjectivities bring out the best in children. Nothing is left to chance and you will challenge yourself as you test each assumption from the classroom to the socialisation process.
Offered via applied and research pathways, the programme is designed to suit different learning preferences. It was also tailored with you in mind. Delve full-time into the programme or opt for the part-time study option that addresses the rigorous demands and responsibilities shouldered by today’s educators. The latter sees classes being delivered in a format that fits your professional – and personal – schedule, negating any possibility of career disruption. Regardless of your choice, the programme will accomplish the same purpose: The positive impact it will have on your work.
With that assurance, you can look forward to an intellectual environment where ideas are constantly born, debated and refined. Your peers will be established professionals from diverse fields, setting the stage for a dynamic process of peer-to-peer learning and camaraderie. And as you participate in intense sessions that concern myriad fields from the development of a child’s self-concept to attachment theories, you will evolve into the higher-order educator the world needs. You will versatile in your approach. You will learn to make the smarter decisions. And you won’t just adapt to change in the education system. You’ll be ahead of it.
These salient points set the Masters of Child Psychology apart as the preferred choice for educators. It’s far more than a postgraduate qualification. It’s a future-proof gateway to tomorrow’s education. And most importantly, it’s the smarter solution to nurture a smarter generation.
- Child Development Centers
- Human Services
- Treatment Facilities
- Justice System
- Private Practice
- Government Agencies
- Children's Social, Emotional and Cognitive Development
- Child Psychopathology
- Behavioural and Emotional Assessment of Children
- Research Design and Methods
- Family, Children and Education
- Cognitive Assessment of Children
- Statistical Methods
- Research Project 1
- Ethics and Professional Issues in Child Psychology
- Guidance and Therapy with Children
- Research Project 2
Tuition cost for 1.5 years which is minimum 4 semesters
- Malaysian students: RM 31, 500
- International students: RM 36, 750
Additional charges will be implemented as well,
- Resources fee for Malaysian students (ICT, library, student activities, facilities): RM 600.00
- Resources fee for International student (ICT, library, student activities, facilities, medical plan): RM 650.00
Special case for international students
- First time payment after application: RM 24, 600
- A Bachelor's Degree in Psychology or its equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.75
- A Bachelor's Degree with minimum CGPA 2.75 in any field, AND a minimum 45 credits of prerequisites modules in Psychology or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA 2.75 in the prerequisites modules
- A Bachelor's Degree with minimum CGPA 2.75 in any field, AND a minimum 30 credits of prerequisites modules in Psychology or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA 2.75 in the prerequisites modules AND a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Subject Test (Psychology) with minimum score of 550
- Other relevant or equivalent qualification, experience and requirement accepted by the HEP Senate / competent authority in Malaysia
English language requirements
- Minimum of 550 TOFEL
- IELTS 6.0
- The medium of instruction is English Language for the Bachelor Degree studies
Application process for Malaysian students
All students must complete the Online Registration Form.
Submit by post the Online Registration Form and the following documents to the Student Enrolment Centre:
- A certified true copy of actual / forecast / trial examination results. For instance: SPM / 'O'- Levels, STPM / A-Levels, UEC, SAM, CPU or other equivalent qualifications.
- For exemption purposes - Diploma students (completed or currently still studying) must provide a certified transcript and Diploma Certificate (if applicable), together with the course syllabus.
- A photocopy of your Identification Card (IC), both sides.
- Three (3) copies of passport-size colour photograph.
- Other supporting documents for your application (if any), eg. TOEFL, IELTS, MUET etc.
For Postgraduate Applications, kindly include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- A 2-3 page essay (i.e. your personal statement) in relation to your goals and objectives and how this programme will meet or enhance those objectives
A crossed cheque or bankdraft or Telegraphic Transfer (TT) for registration should be made payable to UCSI Education Sdn. Bhd. The Registration Fees are as follows:
- RM400 (All programmes in UCSI University, Kuala Terengganu Campus)
- RM650 (Postgraduate Programmes)
Application process for international students
Register online through the official website.
1. Academic Qualifications (PDF format)
For Postgraduate Applications, kindly include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- 2-3 page essay (i.e. your personal statement) in relation to your goals and objectives and how this programme will meet or enhance those objectives
2. Passport copy (Multipage PDF format)
- Passport validity must not be less than 18 months from the date of admission/submission to the university.
- All pages of the passport – including the cover pages – are required (in colour).
- Kindly make sure that the page numbers of the passport are clearly visible.
3. Passport-sized photograph
- Coloured, with white background
- Photograph measurement: Height (45mm) and Width (35mm)
4. Medical Report Form (PDF format)
5. Accommodation Application Form (if required)
- Enclosed with non-refundable booking fee of RM1,000 (USD 340)
6. Additional Documents
- Declaration Letter: discrepancy of name on passport & academic transcripts; to be issued by home country’s Ministry of Education OR by home country's commissioner of oath.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC - Sudan): for students with Sudanese passport. To be issued by Sudan Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malasyia.
- Eligibility Letter (EL - Iran): for students with Iranian passport. To be issued by Iran Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
7. Telegraphic Transfer (TT) receipt of the Application Fee
- Fee for this course: RM 2,790
Telegraphic Transfer (TT) receipt of the Application Fee (inclusive of EMGS payment) (receipt copies are to be uploaded during online registration or emailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org).
Then, Conditional Letter of Offer (CLO) is required after meeting the entry requirements and receiving the payment (Applications Fee and EMGS Visa Processing Fee), the University will email a scanned copy of the Conditional Letter of Offer (CLO). Then, UCSI University will proceed to apply for the Visa Approval Letter on behalf of the student. This process will take approximately 8-10 weeks.
When remittance of the Initial Fees and Miscellaneous Fees (as stated in the LoA including total rental and deposit for staying at the Residential Hall) have been credited into UCSI University's bank account via Telegraphic Transfer (refer to Step 1), UCSI University will courier the original LoA and the Original Visa Approval Letter (VAL) to the student upon request only.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as Malaysia is a majority muslim country. It is advisable for international students to understand the country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit https://www.ucsiuniversity.edu.my/ for deeper and more information.
UCSI University Kuala Lumpur Campus
- No. 1, Jalan Menara Gading, UCSI Heights (Taman Connaught), Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Tel: (+603) 9101 8880
- Fax: (+603) 9102 2614