This course is designed to nurture and empower leaders and managers of the future in the marketplace.
The MBA (Blue Ocean Strategy) is designed to nurture and empower leaders and managers of the future who will make a signiﬁcant diﬀerence in the marketplace. Delivered by UCSI in collaboration with the Blue Ocean Strategy Regional Centre, the programme emphasises the Blue Ocean Strategy framework, which has been incorporated into both the curriculum and pedagogy.
It is the only one-of-its-kind in the region with Blue Ocean Strategy specialisation that will lead to two awards - an MBA and a Blue Ocean Strategy Practitioner Certiﬁcation.
The programme adopts the praxis model where academic rigour is combined with hands-on experience within the authentic context of a business consultancy environment of a praxis centre: The UCSI Blue Ocean Strategy Regional Centre. Each course is taught by dedicated lecturers and is supported by adjunct practice professors and practitioners who have vast business experience. Learners will acquire sound knowledge and skills of the core business disciplines as well as develop a deep appreciation of how to apply the knowledge in actual hands-on consulting projects for real-life clients, guided by our practitioners.
The curriculum is designed to give learners a broad and holistic view of business. They will learn how to compete within the existing business environment and also acquire the knowledge and skills to transcend competition and create uncontested marketspace.
This programme is designed to equip learners with the essentials to succeed in a broad range of business environments such as SMEs, MNCs, start-ups and the public sector, among others.
- Marketing Management
- Research Design & Analysis
- Consumer Behaviour (elective)
- Business Accounting for Decision Making
- Economics for Strategic Planning
- Financial Management and Policy (elective)
- Business Communication & Negotiation
- Human Resource Management (elective)
- Corporate Strategic Management
- Entrepreneurship (elective)
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Blue Ocean Strategy Consulting Practice
- Applied Blue Ocean Case Study
Tuition cost for 1.5 years which is minimum 4 semesters
- Malaysian students: RM 50, 000
- International students: RM 60, 000
Additional charges will be implemented as well,
- Resources fee for Malaysian students (ICT, library, student activities, facilities): RM 600.00
- Resources fee for International student (ICT, library, student activities, facilities, medical plan): RM 650.00
Special case for international students
- First time payment after application: RM 24, 600
A recognised bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent.
English language requirements
- IELTS Band 6.0
- Applicants who are deemed to have attained the equivalent competency of B2 on the Common European Framework Reference (CEFR)
- TOEFL: a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or a minimum score of 79 with no less than 17 in each four components (internet-based)
- Applicants with degrees and with proof of English Language as the medium of instruction are exempted from the above requirements upon faculty approval
Application process for Malaysian students
All students must complete the Online Registration Form.
Submit by post the Online Registration Form and the following documents to the Student Enrolment Centre:
- A certified true copy of actual / forecast / trial examination results. For instance: SPM / 'O'- Levels, STPM / A-Levels, UEC, SAM, CPU or other equivalent qualifications.
- For exemption purposes - Diploma students (completed or currently still studying) must provide a certified transcript and Diploma Certificate (if applicable), together with the course syllabus.
- A photocopy of your Identification Card (IC), both sides.
- Three (3) copies of passport-size colour photograph.
- Other supporting documents for your application (if any), eg. TOEFL, IELTS, MUET etc.
For Postgraduate Applications, kindly include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- A 2-3 page essay (i.e. your personal statement) in relation to your goals and objectives and how this programme will meet or enhance those objectives
A crossed cheque or bankdraft or Telegraphic Transfer (TT) for registration should be made payable to UCSI Education Sdn. Bhd. The Registration Fees are as follows:
- RM400 (All programmes in UCSI University, Kuala Terengganu Campus)
- RM650 (Postgraduate Programmes)
Application process for international students
Register online through the official website.
1. Academic Qualifications (PDF format)
For Postgraduate Applications, kindly include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- 2-3 page essay (i.e. your personal statement) in relation to your goals and objectives and how this programme will meet or enhance those objectives
2. Passport copy (Multipage PDF format)
- Passport validity must not be less than 18 months from the date of admission/submission to the university.
- All pages of the passport – including the cover pages – are required (in colour).
- Kindly make sure that the page numbers of the passport are clearly visible.
3. Passport-sized photograph
- Coloured, with white background
- Photograph measurement: Height (45mm) and Width (35mm)
4. Medical Report Form (PDF format)
5. Accommodation Application Form (if required)
- Enclosed with non-refundable booking fee of RM1,000 (USD 340)
6. Additional Documents
- Declaration Letter: discrepancy of name on passport & academic transcripts; to be issued by home country’s Ministry of Education OR by home country's commissioner of oath.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC - Sudan): for students with Sudanese passport. To be issued by Sudan Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malasyia.
- Eligibility Letter (EL - Iran): for students with Iranian passport. To be issued by Iran Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
7. Telegraphic Transfer (TT) receipt of the Application Fee
- Fee for this course: RM 2,790
Telegraphic Transfer (TT) receipt of the Application Fee (inclusive of EMGS payment) (receipt copies are to be uploaded during online registration or emailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org).
Then, Conditional Letter of Offer (CLO) is required after meeting the entry requirements and receiving the payment (Applications Fee and EMGS Visa Processing Fee), the University will email a scanned copy of the Conditional Letter of Offer (CLO). Then, UCSI University will proceed to apply for the Visa Approval Letter on behalf of the student. This process will take approximately 8-10 weeks.
When remittance of the Initial Fees and Miscellaneous Fees (as stated in the LoA including total rental and deposit for staying at the Residential Hall) have been credited into UCSI University's bank account via Telegraphic Transfer (refer to Step 1), UCSI University will courier the original LoA and the Original Visa Approval Letter (VAL) to the student upon request only.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as Malaysia is a majority muslim country. It is advisable for international students to understand the country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit https://www.ucsiuniversity.edu.my/ for deeper and more information.
UCSI University Kuala Lumpur Campus
- No. 1, Jalan Menara Gading, UCSI Heights (Taman Connaught), Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Tel: (+603) 9101 8880
- Fax: (+603) 9102 2614