MSc Logistics Management
The Master of Science in Logistics Management programme is designed to provide access to higher learning opportunities for both local and international learners. It provides learners with relevant, interesting and stimulating learning experiences via a variety of innovative teaching and study techniques. The scope of studies includes current developments and analysis on logistics management at both theoretical and applied levels.
Learners are encouraged to conduct theoretical exercises on these topics and apply their ‘ﬁtness” to practice, in particular their relevance or application to small or medium-sized industries - either locally or regionally. The programme also promotes life-long learning among the learners to help nurture future career development prospects and research in the ﬁeld.
UCSI University's Master of Science in Logistics Management is a one-year programme with a trimester offering. Those who do not fulfill the requirement of minimum two years relevant work experience will need to undertake the compulsory co-operative placement. Each semester lasts 14 weeks. Classes are conducted on weekdays and weekends.
The Master of Science in Logistics Management programme provides students with relevant, interesting and stimulating experience via a variety of innovative teaching and learning techniques. The dynamic learning process involves various methods. Methodology and pedagogy vary but include: lectures, case method, team-based approach, active learning, group research assignments, report writing, guest speakers, presentations and seminars. The learning process also includes study trips to complement classroom learning. Furthermore, the small class size creates a collaborative, highly interpersonal environment for graduate business and management education.
We consider assessment as an integral part of the learning process and as such assess students continuously throughout the programme. Assessment may take the form of group work, individual assignments or formal examinations. A project or case study is also a requirement in order to complete the programme.
Postgraduate study is often undertaken for very practical reasons - to enhance career prospects and for overall personal and skills development. The opportunities open to you, as an individual with a Master of Science in Logistics Management degree, will vary according to what you want from your future career and what you have to offer employers. Your career opportunities will depend on your reasons to undertake the programme which may include:
- Enhancing career prospects (promotions, overseas posting, etc)
- Enhancing career rewards (pay rises in tandem with higher academic Academic Qualificationss)
- Preparing for a new career (in preparation for a change in industry)
- Aspiring to professions in higher education (lecturing in tertiary institutions)
- Aspiring to professions in research or training (in research universities or research centres)
Our postgraduates are equipped with transferable skills such as academic achievement, organisational and communication skills, analysis, commitment, practicality, maturity, decisiveness, intellectual creativity, capacity for hard work, group dynamic skills, research / project management skills, and cross cultural awareness that will translate into employability skills for spearheading their career.
Qualified graduates can be employed as Logistics/Distribution Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Assistant Logistic Manager, Import / Export Managers, among others. Generally, the job description and responsibilities vary according to the specific job role and whether the employing company is a manufacturer, retailer or a specialist service provider.
- Operations and Logistic Management
- Research Methods for Business and Management
- Human Resource and Organisational Behaviour
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Import and Export Management
- Inventory Management
- Port Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Warehouse Management
- Logistics Engineering
- Logistics Strategy
- Procurement Management
- Project / Case Study
Tuition cost for 1 year which is minimum 3 semesters
- Malaysian students: RM 26, 000
- International students: RM 35, 000
Additional charges will be implemented as well,
- Resources fee for Malaysian students (ICT, library, student activities, facilities): RM 600.00
- Resources fee for International student (ICT, library, student activities, facilities, medical plan): RM 650.00
Special case for international students
- First time payment after application: RM 24, 600
- A bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent
- A recognised bachelor’s degree with CGPA below 2.50 or equivalent minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field
English language requirements
- IELTS Band 6.0
- Applicants who are deemed to have attained the equivalent competency of B2 on the Common European Framework Reference (CEFR)
- TOEFL: a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or a minimum score of 79 with no less than 17 in each four components (internet-based)
- Applicants with degrees and with proof of English Language as the medium of instruction are exempted from the above requirements upon faculty approval
Application process for Malaysian students
All students must complete the Online Registration Form.
Submit by post the Online Registration Form and the following documents to the Student Enrolment Centre:
- A certified true copy of actual / forecast / trial examination results. For instance: SPM / 'O'- Levels, STPM / A-Levels, UEC, SAM, CPU or other equivalent qualifications.
- For exemption purposes - Diploma students (completed or currently still studying) must provide a certified transcript and Diploma Certificate (if applicable), together with the course syllabus.
- A photocopy of your Identification Card (IC), both sides.
- Three (3) copies of passport-size colour photograph.
- Other supporting documents for your application (if any), eg. TOEFL, IELTS, MUET etc.
For Postgraduate Applications, kindly include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- A 2-3 page essay (i.e. your personal statement) in relation to your goals and objectives and how this programme will meet or enhance those objectives
A crossed cheque or bankdraft or Telegraphic Transfer (TT) for registration should be made payable to UCSI Education Sdn. Bhd. The Registration Fees are as follows:
- RM400 (All programmes in UCSI University, Kuala Terengganu Campus)
- RM650 (Postgraduate Programmes)
Application process for international students
Register online through the official website.
1. Academic Qualifications (PDF format)
For Postgraduate Applications, kindly include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- 2-3 page essay (i.e. your personal statement) in relation to your goals and objectives and how this programme will meet or enhance those objectives
2. Passport copy (Multipage PDF format)
- Passport validity must not be less than 18 months from the date of admission/submission to the university.
- All pages of the passport – including the cover pages – are required (in colour).
- Kindly make sure that the page numbers of the passport are clearly visible.
3. Passport-sized photograph
- Coloured, with white background
- Photograph measurement: Height (45mm) and Width (35mm)
4. Medical Report Form (PDF format)
5. Accommodation Application Form (if required)
- Enclosed with non-refundable booking fee of RM1,000 (USD 340)
6. Additional Documents
- Declaration Letter: discrepancy of name on passport & academic transcripts; to be issued by home country’s Ministry of Education OR by home country's commissioner of oath.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC - Sudan): for students with Sudanese passport. To be issued by Sudan Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malasyia.
- Eligibility Letter (EL - Iran): for students with Iranian passport. To be issued by Iran Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
7. Telegraphic Transfer (TT) receipt of the Application Fee
- Fee for this course: RM 2,790
Telegraphic Transfer (TT) receipt of the Application Fee (inclusive of EMGS payment) (receipt copies are to be uploaded during online registration or emailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org).
Then, Conditional Letter of Offer (CLO) is required after meeting the entry requirements and receiving the payment (Applications Fee and EMGS Visa Processing Fee), the University will email a scanned copy of the Conditional Letter of Offer (CLO). Then, UCSI University will proceed to apply for the Visa Approval Letter on behalf of the student. This process will take approximately 8-10 weeks.
When remittance of the Initial Fees and Miscellaneous Fees (as stated in the LoA including total rental and deposit for staying at the Residential Hall) have been credited into UCSI University's bank account via Telegraphic Transfer (refer to Step 1), UCSI University will courier the original LoA and the Original Visa Approval Letter (VAL) to the student upon request only.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as Malaysia is a majority muslim country. It is advisable for international students to understand the country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit https://www.ucsiuniversity.edu.my/ for deeper and more information.
UCSI University Kuala Lumpur Campus
- No. 1, Jalan Menara Gading, UCSI Heights (Taman Connaught), Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Tel: (+603) 9101 8880
- Fax: (+603) 9102 2614