Master of Engineering in Structural Integrity
The M.Eng. in Structural Integrity course provides the required advanced theoretical knowledge and essential practical skills for graduates to develop their career in the field of:
- Service and consultancy in oil and gas, power generation, petrochemical, nuclear and transport sectors
- Quality assurance and quality control
- Asset integrity and project management
- Plant maintenance
- Research and development in oil and gas, power generation, petrochemical, nuclear and transport sectors
This course allows engineering graduates to specialise in the subject area of Structural Integrity, and also for practitioners in relevant technical and engineering based fields to broaden their knowledge and understanding in all aspects of structural integrity (which they may not be quite familiar with), or to specialise further in this discipline. It allows engineers to build upon both the basic and advanced theories that underpin their disciplines.
The course aims to produce engineers and technologists who can quickly make a contribution in achieving and assuring the structural integrity in the industry through materials testing, structural analysis, inspection, state-of-the-art methods and NDT techniques, and fitness-for-service assessment. The key outputs are industry-ready, world class engineers and technologists in structural integrity disciplines such as fail-safe design, corrosion control, structural health monitoring and assets integrity management. With the embedded Internet of Things (IoT), this course also enables to produce engineers and technologists with knowledge and experience in Industrial Revolution 4.0 (IR 4.0).
It is anticipated that this course is geared for Malaysia and overseas structural integrity practitioners. It will enhance all participants’ career prospects. For Malaysian participants, their skill base will definitely increase when working with the international companies specialist divisions in Assets Integrity Management (AIM) and Structural Integrity Management (SIM), large local engineering firms, and also with their own domestic regulatory set-ups. On the other hand, the international participants will be attracted to the type of work carried out by specialist modelling and analysis consultants, government agencies, operators of large infrastructures, and large scale energy (including nuclear and oil and gas), transportation (e.g. rail, ship and aviation) and civil engineering firms working in this same field.
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering Technology or Bachelor Degree from Universiti Kuala Lumpur with minimum CGPA of 2.5 or;
- A Bachelor Degree in related sciences or technical field with minimum CGPA of 2.5 from local or overseas university as approved by Senate, Universiti Kuala Lumpur, or;
- A Bachelor Degree in related sciences or technical field with CGPA less than 2.5 and 5 years relevant working experience as approved by Senate, Universiti Kuala Lumpur.
- International students are required to achieve a minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS or its equivalent.
January & July