Master of Maritime Operations and Management
Since it was first established in 2004, UniKL MIMET was only focusing on undergraduate programmes in the fields of marine engineering technology and maritime operations. Due to the demand to pursue postgraduate studies at our campus, especially from among our own alumni, we have taken steps to offer postgraduate programmes by research at both Master and Doctorate levels beginning from 2015. These programmes involved research in the fields of Electrical & Electronics, Industrial Automation, Management, Manufacturing and Mechanical. As the demand to pursue postgraduate studies in the maritime field continues to intensify, and in support of the Malaysia Shipping Masterplan 2017-2022 that emphasizes on the needs to develop local maritime experts to support Malaysian Shipping, UniKL MIMET is obliged to offer its first Master programme by coursework that begin in March 2019.
- A Bachelor’s degree (level 6 / MQF) or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 in related field, as endorsed by the Senate of UniKL; or
- A Bachelor’s degree (level 6 / MQF) or equivalent with CGPA not meeting 2.50, can be accepted but with 5 years working experience in related sector as endorsed by the Senate of UniKL; or
- Professionals qualifications recognised by the Public Service Department as equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree (level 6 / MQF); or
- For postgraduate studies, international students are required to achieve a minimum score of 6.0 for IELTS or its equivalent.
- Other qualifications recognized by the Government of Malaysia.
January & July