Master Of Communication (Integrated Marketing Communication)
Integrated Marketing Communication is a contemporary approach in marketing communication that highlights the strategic process used to plan, execute and evaluate coordinated, measurable brand communications programmes through strategic integration and unification of different media such as advertising, public relations, direct marketing, sales promotion and Internet marketing with the objective of generating a strong connection between brands and their consumers.
Keeping in line with USM’s motto of “Kami Memimpin” (‘We Lead’) the Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) postgraduate programme was first introduced in February 2012 to offer an applied learning experience that uniquely combines the rigours of both persuasive communication and marketing.
The programme is specifically designed to produce professionals who can navigate effectively between the analytical and creative challenges of IMC through strategic integration of different media. Upon completing the course, graduates can pursue careers as media specialists, senior marketing executives, sales and promotion managers, public relations consultants, communication experts and senior media planners.
The programme requires students to complete 43 units of coursework from the following courses:
- Principles and Practices of IMC
- Consumer Psychology
- Marketing Management
- Research Methods in IMC
- Brand Management
- Data Analysis in IMC
- Public Relations Management
- Message Design in IMC
- International Advertising
- Issues in IMC
- Management of Media Strategies
- IMC Research Project
Master of Communication (Integrated Marketing Communication) programme is a flexible programme designed to suit the needs of working adults in the industry. Essentially, the programme allows the students to plan their studies based on the following track:
- Track A: Proposed Academic Track For Full-Time Student (1 ½ Years)
- Track B: Proposed Academic Track For Full-Time Student (2 Years)
- Track C: Proposed Academic Track For Full-Time Student (2 ½ Years)
- Track D: Proposed Academic Track For Part-Time Student (3 Years)
Twice a year in February and September. Application for February and September intakes starts in October and April respectively.
Aside from academic fees, there are some additional charges that are added onto the total cost of the course.
- Registration Fees : RM 340.00
- Tuition Fees : RM 360.00 × 43 Units
- Total Fees : RM 15,820.00
- Registration Fees : RM 910.00
- Personal Bond : RM 1900.00 (refundable upon graduation)
- Tuition Fees : RM 535.00 × 43 Units
- Total Fees : RM 25,815.00
Fees are paid based on the total numbers of units registered per semester. For example if a local student registers for 6 units (2 subjects) in the first semester, he/she will have to pay RM360 x 6 units = RM 2160.
Applicants should possess the following:
- A relevant first degree or equivalent, from a recognized university with CGPA of 2.75 and above. Applicants with CGPA of 2.50-2.74 or without relevant degree are also invited to apply, but they must possess experience in the field for at least 2 years.
English language requirements
- Foreign applicants should have English proficiency of TOEFL (550) or IELTS Band 6. No MUET requirement for local students.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as Malaysia is a majority muslim country. It is advisable for international students to understand the country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit http://www.admissions.usm.my/index.php for deeper and more information.
Institute of Postgraduate Studies
- Universiti Sains Malaysia, 11800 Penang, Malaysia
- tel: +604 653 2606
- fax: +604 653 2940
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org