MSc Data Science & Analytics
Objectives of this program as follows:
• Having a deep understanding of the core concepts, practice and tools in the domain of data science and analytics.
• Acquiring the knowledge and skills of collecting and integrating data, modelling and advanced big data analysis so that they can apply in the work across many domains / sectors.
• Acting as the highly competence big data analytical tool (power user) in a variety of industries, while having social skills, communicate effectively and ethically and exhibiting the characteristics of leadership.
• Innovative in the application and use of data analytic tool in various BDA domains or as researchers who are able to make decisions based on the availability of comprehensive data and lifelong learning, and be able to study at a higher level in cross-disciplinary research involving ICT.
- Principles and Practices of Data Science and Analytics
- Big Data Storage & Management
- Machine Learning
- Enabling Technologies & Infrastructures for Data Science
- Data Visualisation & Visual Analytics)
- Research, Consultancy & Professional Skills
- Consultancy Project & Practicum
1. Business Analytics
- Consumers Behavioural and Social Media Analytics
- Business Intelligence & Decision Analytics
- Predictive Business Analytics
2. Multimodal Analytics
- Multimodal Information Retrieval
- Text & Speech Analytics
- Forensic Analytics & Digital Investigations)
Aside from academic fees, here are some additional charges that are added onto the total cost of the course.
- Registration Fees : RM 340.00
- Tuition Fees : RM 270.00 X 44 Units = RM 11,880.00
- Total: RM 12,220.00
- Registration Fees : USD 227.50
- Personal Bond : USD 475.00
- Tuition Fees : USD 101.25 X 44 Units = USD4,455.00
- Total: USD 5,157.50
Applicants should possess the following:
- Applicants should possess a bachelor's degree in any field focusing on numeracy skills such as computing, engineering, physical sciences and other fields that contain sound statistical background (e.g. business, accounting, economics, life sciences and health sciences) with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 and above, or equivalent, from a recognized university.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have working experience of at least 3 years in areas related to ICT.
- Degrees awarded by local private institutions of higher learning, including those awarded under any collaborative/franchising schemes with local or foreign partners must be accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
English language requirements
International candidates must possess one of the following:
- A minimum score of 550 in Paper- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 213 in Computer- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum grade B.
- The applicants native language is English or National language
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction.
- English courses offered by British Council.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as Malaysia is a majority muslim country. It is advisable for international students to understand the country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit http://www.admissions.usm.my/index.php for deeper and more information.
Institute of Postgraduate Studies
- Universiti Sains Malaysia, 11800 Penang, Malaysia
- tel: +604 653 2606
- fax: +604 653 2940
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org