Doctor of Philosophy (Built Environment) (AP991) Research
This program is intended to enable student to plan and manage a research project by combining critical understanding and developing research process, to produce a thesis of professional relevance with the area of study at doctoral level. Candidate will be required to attend foundation courses conducted by Institute of Graduate Studies and research methodology classes conducted by the Faculty. Candidate will be required to present his/her research proposal by Semester 1 or 2 of their studies. Upon acceptance of the proposal, candidate may proceed to complete their research project and produce a written thesis. Candidate will be required to defend his/her thesis in a “viva-voce” (spoken) examination.
- A Master’s Degree (in a relevant field) from UiTM or any institutions of higher learning recognized by the Government of Malaysia, or
- Other qualifications equivalent to an honours degree (in a related field) and with relevant field experience recognised by the UiTM Senate. Candidates will have to attend an interview conducted by the faculty's Programme Admission Panel
- The candidate is required to submit a research proposal alongside the application. This would enable the faculty to allocate suitable supervisor for the research. For this purpose, an advisory panel comprises senior faculty members will assess the proposal and provide feedback and guidance to the candidate if necessary.
English Requirement (MUET/IELTS/TOEFL/CEFR/TOEIC/BULATS)
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET) Band 4
- IELTS Band 5.5
- TOEFL: Internet Based Test (IBT: 46-59) ; Computer Based Test (CBT: 133-169) ; Paper Based Test (453-496)
- CEFR: B2
- TOEIC: 441-569
- BULATS: 60-74