Master of Computer Science in Language Computing Technology (CS717) Mixed-Mode
The Master of Computer Science in Language Computing Technology is mixed-mode programme (coursework plus dissertation) that offered on a full-time and part-time basis in order to accommodate both working professionals and fresh graduates. This program is designed to introduce students to the fundamentals concepts and the ideas of computers ability to recognize, understand, interpretation, written, spoken, produce and imitate human languages. It develops an in-depth understanding of both the algorithms available for the processing of linguistic information and the underlying computational properties of natural languages. This program simplifies and improves computer-man communication and generally supports communication between people. From a cognitive perspective the study of language computing technology aims at comprehending the framework and ingredients of an effortless man-computer communication, preferably as effortless as man-man communication.
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) from UiTM in a related and appropriate area of specialization with minimum CGPA of 2.75; OR
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent from other recognized universities approved by UiTM with minimum CGPA of 2.75.
- A candidate applying for admission into this programme is required to submit a research proposal to the faculty. The acceptance of a candidate shall be at the discretion of the UiTM Senate, whose decision shall be final
English Requirements (MUET/IELTS/TOEFL/CEFR/TOEIC/BULATS)
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET) Band 3
- IELTS Band 5
- TOEFL: Internet Based Test (IBT: 35-45) ; Computer Based Test (CBT: 107-131) ; Paper Based Test (417-450)
- CEFR: B1
- TOEIC: 356-440
- BULATS: 40-59