Postgraduate Programs at Malaysia Institute of Transport (MITRANS)
Malaysia Institute of Transport (MITRANS) offers two academic postgraduate (PG) programs by RESEARCH since the year 2009. Our PG programs aimed to produce postgraduate that meet our Program Educational Objectives:
- Professionals who lead the quest for knowledge and skills in the dynamic environment of transport and logistics
- Professionals in transport and logistics with exemplary communication and social skills
- Professionals with positive traits, high critical thinking and ethical values
- Professionals who promote continual knowledge advancement to create opportunities in the transport and logistics industry
- Professionals with leadership qualities and capabilities to promote the transport and logistics profession at the institutional, national or international level.
- Master of Science in Transport and Logistics (Research) (LT780)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Transport and Logistics (Research) (LT990)
- Minimum a Bachelor degree in any field (minimum CGPA 3.00) for Master program
- Minimum a Master’s degree in any field for PhD program
- Applicants from diverse fields such as law, engineering, business management and architecture are invited for the Master/PhD research programs in transport and logistics, supply chain management, operational management, HALAL, GREEN, legal and related areas
- Fresh graduates may apply; however, working experience is an advantage.
Each candidate is as assigned to one supervisor and co-supervisor throughout the duration of the study. For the first year, the candidate is required to attend compulsory modules organized by Institute of Graduate Studies UiTM (IPSis) to prepare him/herself to conduct one's own research. Any update will go through IPSIS Website.
The candidate will work closely with the supervisor and to present his/her on-going research regularly to MITRANS through seminars, colloquium and conferences until completion and examination of the thesis. These provide exposures and opportunities towards developing meaningful research ideas and findings towards new body of knowledge; and to prepare for final oral examination of viva voce.
These modules are/may be offered to candidates throughout his/her study at MITRANS in order to enhance their knowledge and skills in their fields of research.
- Research Method for Transport and Logistics (Research Methodology)
- Transport System, Management and Analysis
- Principles of Transport Modelling
- How to Write a Thesis
- Database Management and Handling
- Geographic Information System
- Traffic Management and others (if relevant)
Duration of Study
MITRANS and UiTM emphasize on Graduate on Time (GOT); thus a candidate is expected to complete his/her study within the stipulated program duration. It is the responsibility of the candidate to consult/meet his/her supervisor regularly and plan his/her progress of study. Any request for extension of study, the candidate has to appeal in accordance with IPSis UiTM rules and regulations.
1. Program: Master of Science (LT780)
- Full-Time: 3 - 6 semesters
- Part-Time: 4 - 8 semesters
2. Program: Doctor of Philosophy (LT990)
- Full-Time: 6 - 10 semesters
- Part-Time: 4 - 12 semesters
Master of Science (LT780) : RM 13,060.00 (International Student)
Doctor of Philosophy (LT990) : RM 27,250.00 (International Student)
These are the directions on areas of research in accordance with MITRANS and the current national strategic transformation plans affecting transport and logistics industry:
- Institutional factors; Operational issues; Services issues; Policies and laws; Global and International Competitiveness’ Challenges in business and industry;
- Human capital development;
- Technology and innovation; Green Logistics; Halal Logistics; and any other related and relevant areas.
Application can be made online via: Institute of Graduate Studies UiTM (IPSis)
Malaysia Institute of Transport (MITRANS)
Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), 40450 Shah Alam, Selangor
Tel: 03 - 5544 2343 / 2348 / 2351
Fax: 03 - 5544 2344