Master of Electrical Engineering (Structure B) by Unversiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN).
Master of Electrical Engineering (Structure B) is a half research program where candidates are given unique opportunity to follow their interest in a specialized area of research of Electrical/Electronic Engineering for 1-2 years and make an important academic contribution to the knowledge of chosen research area.
Apart from that the students will be attending 7 post graduate classes in which 3 courses are core courses and 4 are elective courses amounting to 21 credit hours where the students will be learning advanced technical courses in the field of electrical power and electronics.
Key Research Area
All research areas of Electrical/Electronic Engineering and specialize sub areas, i.e.
- Renewable Energy and Sustainability
- Automation and embedded computing system
- Signal Processing and Control Systems
- Communications Systems and Networks
- Radio Frequency and Microwave Engineering
- System and Machine Intelligence
- Photonics Technologies
- Micro and Nano Engineering
- Distributed Generation
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Power System Analysis
- Power Quality
- High Voltage Systems
- Advanced Engineering mathematics
- Engineering Diagnostic Tools
- Research Methodology
Pick four (4) worth 12 credits:
- Computer Controlled Systems.
- Introduction to Advanced Communication System
- Advanced Applied Telecommunication System
- Local Area Network Design and Analysis
- Satellite Communication Theory
- Alternative Energy Sources for Electricity Generation
- Cellular and Pcs Radio System
- Broadband Network Technologies and Architectures
- Antennas Tech. For Wireless Communications
- Power System Dynamics
- High Voltage Direct Current Transmission Systems
- Power System Operation and Planning
- High Voltage Engineering
- Power System Protection
- Power System Steady State Analysis
- Bachelors in the relevant domain with Second Class Upper with honours or CGPA 2.75 (65%) and above, or
- Bachelors in the relevant domain with Second Class Lower with honours or CGPA 2.50 (60%- 64%), and 1 year experience in the domain and at least 1 publication in the domain, or 2 years professional experience in the domain; or
- Bachelors in the relevant domain with CGPA below 2.50 (60%, and 5 years’ experience in the domain); or
- Bachelors in a related domain with Second Class Upper with honours or CGPA 2.75 (65%) and above, and 1 year experience in the domain (including at least publication in the domain)