PhD in Industrial Science by Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN).
PhD in Industrial Science is a full research program where candidates are given unique opportunity to follow their interest in a specialized area of industrial science for several years and make an important academic contribution to the knowledge of chosen research area. Students are given opportunity to experience the role of lab instructor and handling tutorial for Diploma/Foundation/Bachelor student in exchange for discount of fees (subject to approval of the respective semester).
Prospective students are future researcher/academician in university and/or research institution, R&D Scientist and Specialist in the science subject relevant to the industry.
Key Research Areas
The specialized areas of research under the programme are listed as follows:
- Industrial & Applied Mathematics
- Environmental Science & Chemical Technology
- Applied Statistics
- Numerical & Scientific Computing
- Applied Optics
- Materials Science Research
- Masters in the relevant domain; or
- Masters in a related domain with 2 year experience in the domain, including at least 2 publications in the domain;
- Bachelor degree holder with CGPA 3.67 from recognized university and registered for Master program (structure A) for 6 months to 1 year (full time) or 1 to 2 years (part time) can apply for conversion to PhD subject to assessments and approval