Master of Business Administration (Corporate Management)
Postgraduate (Master, Phd)
Full time / Part time
Faculty of Business and Finance
January, May, October
Contact UTAR for details
The Master of Business Administration (Corporate Management) provides candidates the advanced management training as well as very specific skill sets needed to become effective corporate managers in one of the four core business areas, i.e. logistics and supply chain management, human resource management, finance and marketing. The programme will give a rigorous, interactive and practical learning opportunity for candidates to discuss and make sound decision to resolve the real business issues.
This programme will also enable MBA candidates to develop a holistic view of businesses and deepen the understanding of social, cultural and ethical issues.Furthermore, the inclusion of relevant topics and varied coursework assessment ensures the candidates learn key skills in leadership, effective communication and change management.
- Bachelor's Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.75 and above or a Bachelor's Degree with CGPA of 2.75 and above in a related field from UTAR; or
- Bachelor's Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.50 and above but less than 2.75 or a Bachelor's Degree with CGPA of 2.50 and above but less than 2.75 in a related field from UTAR and subjected to rigorous internal assessment; or
- Bachelor's Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.00 and above but less than 2.50 or a Bachelor's Degree with CGPA of 2.00 and above but less than 2.50 in a related field from UTAR, show evidence of at least five (5) years of relevant working experience and subjected to rigorous internal assessment; or
- Any other academic qualifications equivalent to (1), (2) or (3) from another recognised University as approved by the Senate
Other entry criteria
An applicant is also required to possess a relevant score in one of the following English language examinations:
- a minimum overall score of 580 in TOEFL (paper-based) or 237 in TOEFL (computer-based) or 92 in TOEFL (internet-based testing);
- a minimum overall band score of 6.5 in IELTS;
- a minimum grade B in Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE);
- a minimum score of 980 in English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT);
- a minimum score of 500 in Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) (Critical Reading);
- a minimum score of 22 in American College Testing Assessment (ACT);
- a credit in English 1119;
- a minimum credit C4 in SPM English Language / "O" level English Language;
- a minimum overall band score of 4 in MUET; or
- any other qualification which is of equivalent level as determined by the Senate of the University.
All applicants must meet the required English Language requirement before being admitted to the approved programme of study.
- Enhance managerial knowledge and skills in specific business function
- Participate in rigorous business and leadership training
- Interact with experienced and qualified facilitators
- Widen business network
- Four areas of specialisation available
Kampar, Perak, Malaysia