MPhil Biomedical Sciences
We offer high-quality doctoral training to postgraduate students who wish to pursue an MPhil or PhD. As a research student, you will undertake research with staff members to supervise and guide you.
Faculties, Schools & Departments
Department of Biomedical Sciences
Our current research themes span three main areas:
- Non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
- Infections and Immunity
- Pedagogy in Science
- If you are interested in applying, we would recommend that you familiarise yourself with our research areas and staff expertise and then contact us to discuss your research project proposal with the relevant supervisor in the first instance.
- A first class or upper second class honours degree (or international equivalent) in biomedical sciences, pharmacology, pharmacy or a related scientific discipline. Non-UK qualifications will be assessed against this standard.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in each element)
- TOEFL (iBT): 87 (minimum 20 in Speaking and 19 in all other elements)
- PTE (Academic): 62 (with no less than 55 in each element)
- MUET: Band 4
February, April, July & September