MPhil Biosciences Research Programme
We offer high-quality doctoral training to postgraduate students who wish to pursue an MPhil, MRes or PhD. As an independent research student, you will work under a supervisor who will assist you in your research, thesis design and scientific outputs.
Faculties, Schools & Departments
School of Biosciences
Our current broader research themes include:
- biopharming and natural products
- biotechnology and genomics
- crop physiology and crop management
- environmental microbiology
- food technology and postharvest biotechnology
- food microbiology and food safety
- medical and pharmaceutical biotechnology
- nutritional science
- sustainable oil palm for upstream and downstream industry
If you are interested in applying, we would recommend that you familiarise yourself with our research areas and staff expertise and then contact us to discuss your research project proposal with the relevant supervisor in the first instance.
At least a second class honours degree (or international equivalent) or a MSc in an agricultural, biological or other relevant science disciplines. Non-UK qualifications will be assessed against this standard.
English language requirements:
- IELTS: 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in each element)
- TOEFL (iBT): 79 (minimum 17 in Writing and Listening, 18 in Reading, 20 in Speaking)
- PTE (Academic): 55 (with no less than 51 in each element)
- MUET: Band 3
February, April, July & September