PG Certificate in Education by University of Nottingham Malaysia.
PG Certificate in Education are unique modular and flexible programmes designed to reflect the needs of individuals or organisational cohorts.While each module has its own particular focus, all are concerned with investigating contemporary educational issues in the light of economic and social contexts, appropriate literature and the shared experience of course members. A hallmark of these programmes are their commitment to equality and diversity and their flexibility to meet the needs of individuals and organisations. The overall purpose is to deepen and refine your capacity for critical reflection on your practice as well as on the mental models which inform your work.
Faculties, Schools & Departments
School of Education
We welcome approaches from educational organisations who may wish to develop a bespoke cohort programme.
Modules are taught within a block of four days over two consecutive weekends. At the end of each face-to-face teaching period, you are provided opportunities for tutorials individually, in groups and/or using other means of communication such as email, telephone or video conference.
Typical core modules
- Practice Based Inquiry
Typical optional modules
- Assessment in Language Education
- Communication and Literacy
- Debating Special and Inclusive Education
- Effective Leadership and Change in Education
- Issues in Educational Leadership
- Language Teaching: Methodology and Curriculum
- Leading Learning
- Managing Language Teaching and Language Teachers
- Material and Technology in Language Education
- Relationships and Behaviour
- Teaching English for Academic Purposes: Context, Language and Pedagogy
- Teaching Language to Young Learners
- Understanding Language Learning and the Language Learner
This substantive piece of scholarship within the field of the programme will normally be based on interests and skills you have developed in the programme of the modules already studied. You will choose a topic in consultation with your programme leader and an appropriate supervisor.
A relevant second class honours degree (or international equivalent). Relevant experience may be required for some of the programmes. Non-UK qualifications will be assessed against this standard.
Mature applicants without any standard entry requirements but with substantial and relevant experience may be considered for an entry at the Postgraduate Certificate level and the acceptance is at the discretion of the School of Education.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in each element)
- TOEFL (iBT): 87 (minimum 20 in Speaking and 19 in all other elements)
- PTE (Academic): 62 (with no less than 55 in each element)
- MUET: Band 4
June and December