We offer high-quality doctoral training to postgraduate students who wish to pursue an MPhil or PhD. As a research student, you will work under a supervisor(s) who will assist you in your research and thesis design. We are interested in research projects relating to our core areas of research.
Faculties, Schools & Departments
Faculty of Engineering
By undertaking postgraduate level study, you will work towards the enhancement of a variety of skill sets:
- awareness in specialised areas
- design and development of experimental techniques
- development of communication and presentation skills
- development of methodological skills
- the ability to work independently and solve problems
- If you are interested in applying, we would recommend that you familiarise yourself with our research areas and staff expertise and then contact us to discuss your research project proposal with the relevant supervisor in the first instance.
A masters degree (or international equivalent) with an average mark of 60% and above plus, a first or upper second class honours degree (or international equivalent) in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or other related disciplines. Non-UK qualifications will be assessed against this standard.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in each element)
- TOEFL (iBT): 79 (minimum 17 in Writing and Listening, 18 in Reading, 20 in Speaking)
- PTE (Academic): 55 (with no less than 51 in each element)
- MUET: Band 3
February, April, July and September