Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (International)
The PGCHEi course is a unique modular programme designed to reflect the needs of the individuals or organisational cohorts, investigate contemporary educational issues on teaching and learning, appropriate literature and the shared experience of course members and deepen and refine your capacity for critical reflection on your practice as well as on the mental modes which inform your work.
Faculties, Schools & Departments
School of Education
The PGCHEi course is a 60 credit qualification and is made up of 20-credit modules. It is compulsory for the candidate to complete all three modules. Modules are taught within a block of either a three- day extended weekend or four days over two consecutive weekends.
Typical core modules
- Effective Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Introduction to Educational Inquiry
- Understanding Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
A relevant second class honours degree (or international equivalent) or an approved professional qualification deemed to be equivalent to a second class honours degree. Non-UK qualifications will be assessed against this standard. Candidates are also required to have classroom teaching or teaching-related experience and must have an access to an educational setting.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in each element)
- TOEFL (iBT): 87 (minimum 20 in Speaking and 19 in all other elements)
- PTE (Academic): 62 (with no less than 55 in each element)
- MUET: Band 4
June and December