Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering) - George Town & Batu Kawan
Contribute to the Community of Engineering Scholars Around the World
- This program provide you opportunity to specialise in a chosen field of engineering research. You will understand, study and demonstrate your novelty in engineering research and contributions to engineering knowledge through your dissertation.
- This is the best way for you to demonstrate your research passion, discover new knowledge, contribute to engineering knowledge and being recognized by obtaining a doctoral degree.
- You will develop your research skills through two taught modules, i.e. research methodology and quantitative analysis.
- This is a flexible framework, that you will have chances working closely with your supervisors, academic experts, industrial practitioners, government agency from local and international in the following areas:
- Electrical and electronic
- Embedded System
- Image Processing
- Renewable/Sustainable energy
- Artificial Intelligent
- Advanced Materials
- Solid mechanics and materials
- Thermo-fluids and turbomachinery
- Manufacturing and system Engineering
- Green manufacturing
- IOT / Industry 4.0
Global supervision team
You will be supervised by active and experienced supervisor in UOW Malaysia KDU, and gain access and guidance from potential co-supervisor by partner university located in Australia and UK. Interaction with supervisors from different discipline enhance your learning opportunities, and allow you to progress in diverse and interdisciplinary research.
Excellence Research Culture
We are committed in providing extensive training and support to all postgraduate students. You will learn research methodology and analysis method through core modules. Student will also receive training sessions; including inventive problem solving approach, project management, scholarship and research funding application, English writing, communication skills and information research and retrieval. Series of research seminars, workshops and talks will be available, enhance and stimulating research culture in UOW Malaysia KDU Penang University College.
School of Engineering
Type of Specialisation/ Research Areas (if any)
Master’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate.
MQA Full Accreditation No. or Provisional Accreditation No.